Why aren’t (tr)uSDX pre-programmed?

n5vwn

Why aren’t (tr)uSDX pre-programmed?

Post by n5vwn »

It sure would make life easier. I already blew mine up anyways. The classic didn’t have efficiencies above 55%. And ssb was only a buzz. And was flaky when plugged into the regular power plug. Scream would go corrupt or rig would sometimes reset. USB plug was stable. I might get another that is a pre-made ‘lo’ band. I think all the coil windings are off a turn, but not by me, by design. I could be wrong of course. I’m wrong a lot. Hihi Great reception tho. Only blew when I went to 12 volts.
Max

Re: Why aren’t (tr)uSDX pre-programmed?

Post by Max »

Manuel made some very nice videos how to tune it. I had no issues with it at all so far but I bought mine from a legit source that was recommended. Also it was flashed with the right programm of course. It's not easy actually to blew that thing when uploading new code to it..
73 de Max
n5vwn

Re: Why aren’t (tr)uSDX pre-programmed?

Post by n5vwn »

Thanks Max. I have seen Manual’s videos on that programming but I’m not that deep into it. Those finals (FDT86256) are only about $13 for 10 on Mouser. So I am not through abusing this little rig yet. My plan is to go band by band using just a little power and take notes on it before and after spreading and condensing toroids. See which shows better efficiency. Then if it needs more, I can add a turn or subtract a turn. Tedious but it’s another way. I’ll do it that way because I don’t understand the VNA usage. Hihi 73’s de n5vwn