Did a backward 3.5mm mic/spk plug kill the ATmega?

K3RTA

Did a backward 3.5mm mic/spk plug kill the ATmega?

Post by K3RTA »

Well, I managed to blow out (I think) two radio RX audio paths in 24 hours. I plugged in my digital mode audio in/out cable - comprised of two stereo 3.5mm plugs, et al - reversed. My audio out from both radios are now minimal and distant, very poor passband, etc. since doing this.

If audio comes right off of the ATmega IC, is it likely that I killed a portion of that? I'm distressed that the audio out or PTT closure from the wrong pin insertion into the headphone out would actually destroy something.

Standing by, without my favorite POTA rigs for a while. My only option is to go to the dark side and run <gasp> QRO.....

K3RTA
DL2MAN

Re: Did a backward 3.5mm mic/spk plug kill the ATmega?

Post by DL2MAN »

Have you tried a reset of your rigs ?
Press and hold rotary encoder while powering up.
After that, make your settings for Ref Frequency, installed Band Module, RShunt etc....

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
K3RTA

Re: Did a backward 3.5mm mic/spk plug kill the ATmega?

Post by K3RTA »

Hi, Manuel.

I'm very, very pleased to report that I am an idiot. I'm not sure what did happen several days ago but both of my little radios appear to be fine now. I did nothing bit connect earphones and power - and both are as good as ever in RX and TX.

Thank you for responding to me; I'm sure we all appreciate your help and camaraderie.

Ted
K3RTA