Bricked

PE1JIW, Hans

Bricked

Post by PE1JIW, Hans »

Hello, my (tr)uSDX is bricked. I tried to use the new beta firmware for using it without audiocables with WSJT-X. Did I needed to refresh the bootloader before updating to the beta firmware? I have many issues with the USB connection, tried comport settings, different usb cables and other usb ports on the pc.
Also CAT control didn't work (sometimes sporadic) when the (tr)uSDX was still working. I am now unable to load the last non-beta firmware and the (tr)uSDX is dead now. Only de chip detection still works, a ATmega328P.
This is what I get:

"To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\Users\PE1JIW\Downloads\TruSDX\PE1JIW_truSDX_45304A47494B120B17_Firmware.hex"
avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\PE1JIW\Downloads\TruSDX\PE1JIW_truSDX_45304A47494B120B17_Firmware.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude.exe: writing flash (31828 bytes):

Writing | avrdude.exe: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude.exe: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding"

What to do? Can I update bootloader and firmware via the ISP and a Arduino instead of the usb poort?
Is the ATmega328P of poor quality and who can replace it? I cann't.
I bought the assembled kit from one of the recommended suppliers.

Thanks for any suggestions

Hans, PE1JIW
PE1JIW, Hans

Re: Bricked

Post by PE1JIW, Hans »

Not bricked anymore.

Solution: I used another PC (win7). This PC is clean without any usb drivers for com-ports.
installed driver and programming software. Updated my (tr)uSDX with the latest non-beta version without any warnings and (tr)uSDX is working again!

Not checked CAT control with this 'clean' PC, but I need to check the other PC for com/usb issues.

Pfff, that worked.

Hans PE1JIW