Pre-assembled question

mojo1963

Pre-assembled question

Post by mojo1963 »

Do pre-assembled units need to be registered or other tasks on the computer before using?
DL2MAN

Re: Pre-assembled question

Post by DL2MAN »

No, they will ask for your callsign and it will come with firmware installed, ready to use.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
markatlnk

Re: Pre-assembled question

Post by markatlnk »

I purchased my fully assembled unit from AliExpress, shipping is slow for various reasons, it took a month to get here. Not the sellers fault. I did exchange a couple of emails with him before I got it, they were responsive and easy to deal with. Only issue was a minor one of not knowing the serial number of the unit or if the firmware was up to date. Going to the web site, didn't know what the current was bug figure out mine was 2.00f from the menu system. Going to the firmware download page, it asked for serial number. Just put in 000000000000000000 (18 zeros) for the serial number to get it to download something. I don't run Windows so I just used a Linux box to upload it. On my system the command was as follows all on one line.

avrdude -c arduino -p m328p -P /dev/ttyUSB0 -b 115200 -U flash:w:"truSDX_000000000000000000_Firmware.hex"

The radio won't be happy as the serial number doesn't match the expected, but it will put your serial number on the display. Download the firmware again with that serial number and load up that firmware.

I did this on 4/10/22 and the current firmware at that time was 2.00h.

It is an impressive radio, user manual and user interface could use a bit of work. But those are also minor issues, the important parts seem to work well. Note that I only have used mine on RX or TX into a dummy load. Don't have a license at this time, I can do the electronics just fine, need to memorize the rules and regs.