No power output on ssb

EB7BYA

No power output on ssb

Post by EB7BYA »

Hello. I have been reading a lot of posts in this forum but I'm a newcomer and I'm stuck and confused. So I'm asking for your help.
This weekend I made a test with mi trusdx. I got a swr of 1.6. I obtained a perfect (I was really surprised) RX using and EFHW antenna and 9,9 volts powered by battery. The problem began when I made the test in TX. In CW I could get 6-7 watts. But, if I change the mode to SSB, the power is only 0,1 watts. I changed the power from battery to a 12 v charger and I obtained exactly the same results.
Do you know how can I fix that problem? Any help to determinate the source of the problem?
I will apreciate your advices. Thank you so much.
gatorjj

Re: No power output on ssb

Post by gatorjj »

I think your microphone is not working, not putting any audio into the (tr)usdx. Are you using the internal mic or an external one?

J.J. KF4VE
EB7BYA

Post by EB7BYA »

Thank you for your reply. I'm using a Retevis HK008 with a extension wire wich I made a mod for adapting to the pins of the rig.
Yesterday I changed the three mosfets. Now, I speak but on the screens continues appearing low watts. If the contacts of the microphone would be wrong, novody could hear me, isn't it? However, yesterday made a contact. I'm really confused.
I appreciate your help. Tomorrow I will try to test the mic wiring.
Thank you. ;)
gatorjj

Post by gatorjj »

Perhaps your TX drive is set to 0 in the radio? Or your Noise gate is set too high for the audio to go through?
EB7BYA

Post by EB7BYA »

Hello and thank you for your attention.
No, TX Drive is in 4 level and Noise gate is in 0.
Today I made more tests. If I quit the connection of the external mic, I only note a little push in the power: almost crying as I would have seen the Death, I took on the screen about mostly 2 watts and for a few moments 3. Using the external mic, the same method (probably any neighbor thougt calling the police), 2 watts as maximun (crying a lot) and rarely 2.7/2.8 watts.
Imposible to make a qso. I have been trying all the evening.
I'm beginning to be very disappointed. Some thing is failing a I don't understand why.
Any thougts?
Thank you.
gatorjj

Post by gatorjj »

Okay so something is transmitting with the external mic though very low. Is it the same with the internal mic? Also if you turn TX gain up higher does anything get better?