Problem setting up WSJT-X

lostcaggy

Problem setting up WSJT-X

Post by lostcaggy »

I've managed to load the firmware into the (tr)uSDX and receive is working great.

I'm having a problem setting up wsjt-x with cat control. I've used the settings in the pinned post but whenever selecting Test Cat I get a hamlib communication error.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix.

Thanks
Martin GM5JDG
mm0gyx

Re: Problem setting up WSJT-X

Post by mm0gyx »

lostcaggy wrote: 19 Feb 2022, 13:44 I've managed to load the firmware into the (tr)uSDX and receive is working great.

I'm having a problem setting up wsjt-x with cat control. I've used the settings in the pinned post but whenever selecting Test Cat I get a hamlib communication error.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix.

Thanks
Martin GM5JDG
I had a problem with my version of w7, I found if I used avrdudes to force an mcu reset by using ‘detect’ option it worked, but every time I unplugged and re plugged the uSDX I had to do this. One thing to check, make sure in wsjtx settings you have USB selected, if you leave it on data it will cause the fault you have.

Other than that, not sure without a screenshot of your setting page.

Ian MM0GYX
lostcaggy

Post by lostcaggy »

I can hear the radio attempt to switch when selecting 'Test Cat' but then get the hamlib error.
joemen

Post by joemen »

I get connected then have audio problem . "Error in sound input"?
Joe G4VDX
YO9IYE

Post by YO9IYE »

My unit exhibits the same behavior. I've configured exactly as recommended:

"CAT can be established with a baudrate of 38400, 8N1, no handshake, RTS and DTR on LOW."

When pressing Test CAT in JTDX the radio clicks its relays but the application pops an error with the following details:
Hamlib error: Protocol error while opening connection to rig

I've tried countless other combinations, using both the TS-480 and TS-450S command set according to the recommedations. But perhaps the most relevant thing pointing to a firmware bug is the fact that the 2.0f firmware I've uploaded yesterday has the same issue both on an Intel NUC running Win 10 as well as on a RPi 4 running RPi OS. I haven't tried WSJT-X but since this topic started with WSJT-X it's obvious that this is both platform/hardware/client agnostic.
I would gladly assist you with further troubleshooting this since the issue is consistently reproducible, however I'm not sure how to approach it. Are there debug mode/verbose firmware versions available?
G0CVZ

Post by G0CVZ »

Hi

I can receive and it will go into TX, but no audio is received by the radio (my laptop is sending audio)........the pdf shows my settings. I cannot work out if its the cabling or the radio.

Interesting that you can plug the either audio cable from the laptop (mic or headphones) into the audio socket of the radio and it will RX. If you plug in the correct socket it works much better (of course!)

Tune sends the radio into TX, but the radio still does not show output power. So the radio receives and goes into transmit but it looks like no audio is either getting to or being processed by the radio.

Must be something simple, but I have checked the cable wiring 3 times.

I have removed the on board mic

I am running off 5V and the radio will transmit power if I operate in CW and press PTT

I notice the audio goes straight into the 328 - hope I have not damaged it

Mike
G0CVZ
Attachments
image_2022-02-27_134546.png
image_2022-02-27_134546.png (199.7 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
image_2022-02-27_124519.png
image_2022-02-27_124519.png (215.11 KiB) Viewed 1728 times
lostcaggy

Post by lostcaggy »

I saw a reply earlier from Manuel. The radio is not able to operate WSJT-X yet, receive only for the moment. Will be a future development as it should be possible for the radio to appear as a sound card in it's own right.