UK Group Buy One

2M0ufo

UK Group Buy One

Post by 2M0ufo »

TruSDX Kit came today , thank you to Ian MM0gyx for organising the group buy.
Cheers
Stevie
2M0ufo
M0OAT

Re: UK Group Buy One

Post by M0OAT »

Like to say thanks to Ian MM0GXY for his time & effort in organising the group buy an also to Hal MW0TUI for the printed case..
All items arrived last week tr uSDX is nearly complete just need to fit the speaker today and the case.

Lead solder is a must and tinning of the relays really helped.

Graeme
M0JTS

Re: UK Group Buy One

Post by M0JTS »

I would also like pass on my huge thanks to Ian MM0GXY for his fantastic efforts organising the group buy. From my perspective the whole process ran very smoothly, with Ian posting the kits last week and giving timely updates along the way. Ian could not have managed it any better, so hats off to him.

Much appreciated,
Dave M0JTS
BrendonHills

Replacing U9 for MUCH better audio

Post by BrendonHills »

HI Folks,

Having been dissappointed with the CW audio quality of my kit, I found a thread on here about the issue and it seemed like the use of the original chip gave better results than some replacements.

I checked with Ian who informed me he had substituted U9, which was specced as a LT6231 with the LM833. I can't recall why but I know he struggled to find certain components at the time.

Anyway, tonight I was a brave boy and undertook my first ever SMD re-work (or surgery might be a better word!) and put the LT6231 in its place. It cost me nearly £6 from RS, so a substantial proportion of the total cost, but the difference was palpable. There is increased volume and a lot less audio artefacts. The CW filters are still not great, with a single signal being discernible over 1.5kHz with the 200Hz filter, but the general audio performance improvements do make it a much more pleasurable CW experience. I would recommend it if you are a CW user, and hope that the filtering might be able to be improved in future firmware updates.

Best 73.
Daimon. G4USI.