First commercial (tr)uSDX Kit

DL2MAN

First commercial (tr)uSDX Kit

Post by DL2MAN »

We´re proud to announce, that *Rxxxx* will be the first company, to provide a commercial (tr)uSDX Kit.
Later they will add assembly Service, but see for yourself:
https://dl2man.de/where-to-buy-trusdx//product/trusdx-5-ba ... assembled/
They said, they will ship worldwide.

UPDATE:
Even though they were the first to offer a commercial Kit, they did not make it through approval process.
I personally investigated for hours and invested some money in this investigation (in form of exchanged parts) but was not able to figure out the real problem.

We know for sure, that *Rxxxx* Batch 1 and 2 had some X7R Caps instead of NP0´s on one position each, which alone would be reason not to approve it.
But this affected only certain Bands. Independent from that, neither me nor any other party, that built the Kit, could achieve more than 65% Efficiency on the non affected Bands.
And even though it badly hurt my ego, that I could not figure out what was going on, I gave up at some point.
So: *Rxxxx* Kits and Rigs are not approved until this is fixed.
Further Info here:
viewtopic.php?t=214

Only approved Vendor at this Point is published on my "where to buy" page.
https://dl2man.de/where-to-buy-trusdx/

73 Mnauel; DL2MAN
F1LPT

TRuSDX on *Rxxxx*.com

Post by F1LPT »

I just received a notification on a facebook group.
As they say it's either a fakenew or it's the truth

73 / 44
Patrick F1LPT
wa2t

Re: TRuSDX on *Rxxxx*.com

Post by wa2t »

Saw this, pretty neat! The thing I was wondering though is which version are they taking pre-orders for? The setup people are doing groups buys for (populated PCB's, case, toroids, etc. to be assembled)?

Robert, WA2T
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

It´s true and legit.
The Pictures´s are from me (as they do not yet have a Kit) and at least for initial batch I will supply them with the housings.

Sold Version is (tr)uSDX V1.0 as published on my page and what all the group buyers are using.
They are not yet "trusted source" as they did not yet send us a sample to check (because they don´t have one yet), but it was set up with constant exchange between *Rxxxx* , Guido and me.
Considered: safe to order.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
WE0H

Re: First commercial (tr)uSDX Kit

Post by WE0H »

I was lucky waking up in the middle of the night (0400) to see your video. I quickly got online and ordered one kit. That companies web server was super busy and very slow, but it worked. So happy I now have a kit bought n paid for.
Mike
WE0H ..
Km4udx

Post by Km4udx »

Just placed an order. Totally new to SDR-based “riglet” US cost total was like 111 eu and 133 $us.

I hope I can make all this new stuff work. Fingers crossed and nervous as a nun on her first date.

Don
Km4udx

There has been no status from *Rxxxx* as of 27 Feb. fingers still crossed. It it true that Tx does not work on wsjtx? Oh my. That seems like a non-trivial issue.
Last edited by Km4udx on 27 Feb 2022, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Dewil23

Post by Dewil23 »

I am missing out on something,I cant see any pre-order buttons,it only says Quantity:out of stock...

Edit:If its preorder,quantity should not be an issue right?
gmoretti

Post by gmoretti »

woaah! all slots gone already! I'll join the pre order as soon as they open another one! :D
Faraaz VK4JJ

Post by Faraaz VK4JJ »

Km4udx wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 04:41 Just placed an order. Totally new to SDR-based “riglet” US cost total was like 111 eu and 133 $us.

I hope I can make all this new stuff work. Fingers crossed and nervous as a nun on her first date.

Don
Km4udx
Good news Don.

Don't worry - we are all here to help you if you run into problems :)
Dewil23

Post by Dewil23 »

Outstanding,I'm gonna wait for the prebuild orders.
db2gm

Post by db2gm »

Hello
I was positively surprised this morning as DHL Express delivered my (tr)uSDX kit which I ordered at 13th January 2022 at *Rxxxx*.com. They promised at that time to ship at 16th february which was perforfmed very well.
I juts opned the parcel, see the two pictures. Did not make further invetsigations for the momnet, but everything looks very promising.
vy 73 de Michael DB2GM
Attachments
contents
contents
IMG_0932.jpg (132.41 KiB) Viewed 7988 times
parcel
parcel
IMG_0931.jpg (134.62 KiB) Viewed 7988 times
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Very cool Michael !
Thanks for sharing the pics. You gotta be the first one to receive it ?
Have fun building, and please let us know how it´s going...

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
db2gm

Post by db2gm »

Hello Manuel
yes I will give a "report" when I have performed the work.
But it may take some time as I have to go on some business trips.
vy 73 de Michael DB2GM
Wolf OE7FTJ

Post by Wolf OE7FTJ »

Hi All!

Was anybody successful ordering an assembled device in Romania?
Since weeks this website does not accetpt (pre)orders. Now the milestone date March, 15th to order assembled devices has been marked as 'sold out' and today(?) the next batch has been shifted to March, 28th.
Sorry to say, but this is very annoying and not customer friendly.

Sorry for my upset posting....
73 de Wolf, oe7ftj
IK2LEY

Post by IK2LEY »

Hi, yes, they went on sale on Friday 11th. I pre-ordered one. Payment ok, confirms receipt. Every day I checked the site and it worked out for me.
73 Fabio, IK2LEY
SP9TKW

Post by SP9TKW »

I received my order on Thursday 10th march and all seems to be in order.

Put together TRX over the weekend and now onto the Bootloader and firmware. I hope to have it ready by weekend and might do first SOTA activation during the weekend.

73 Marek
M1KTA

Post by M1KTA »

Mine just arrived into UK.

Dom
M1KTA
F1LPT

Post by F1LPT »

Wolf OE7FTJ wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 17:52 Hi All!

Was anybody successful ordering an assembled device in Romania?
Since weeks this website does not accetpt (pre)orders. Now the milestone date March, 15th to order assembled devices has been marked as 'sold out' and today(?) the next batch has been shifted to March, 28th.
Sorry to say, but this is very annoying and not customer friendly.

Sorry for my upset posting....
73 de Wolf, oe7ftj
a more rotten situation than mine you won't find....

I wanted to order from them too and found myself with the same delays....

I also ordered from Up Tech Store Aliexpress at the end of february , the kit disappeared in China ...they have been investigating for a week without any answer .
Previously, I had registered on a French group ...which remained out of order with 3 participants, and I had registered on the PL group, unfortunately too late for the first group ...

I think I will drop everything and go buy a second hand kit on Ebay .....

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

73 Patrick F1LPT
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

@ Patrick F1LPT:
Please contact Sunny, she will take care of it. They have taken care about other lost packages and they will take care about your´s as well. Noone will be left alone.

Regarding *Rxxxx*:
Even though they were the first to offer a commercial Kit, they did not make it through approval process.
I personally investigated for hours and invested some money in this investigation (in form of exchanged parts) but was not able to figure out the real problem.

We know for sure, that *Rxxxx* Batch 1 and 2 had some X7R Caps instead of NP0´s on one position each, which alone would be reason not to approve it.
But this affected only certain Bands. Independent from that, neither me nor any other party, that built the Kit, could achieve more than 65% Efficiency on the non affected Bands.
And even though it badly hurt my ego, that I could not figure out what was going on, I gave up at some point.
Further Info here:
viewtopic.php?t=214

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
Wolf OE7FTJ

Post by Wolf OE7FTJ »

Hi All!

In the meantime I ordered a fully assembled (tr)uSDX from the approved chinese distributor and it arrived today after a 14 day delay. But it is ok, when you be aware of the great problems they have in Shenzen and Shanghai.
Parallel I got a group buyed kit and I'll try to get it working ;-)

Thanks to all who make this HAM project going on!

73 de Wolf, oe7ftj
SA4DHT

Post by SA4DHT »

DL2MAN wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 09:07 We´re proud to announce, that *Rxxxx* will be the first company, to provide a commercial (tr)uSDX Kit.
Later they will add assembly Service, but see for yourself:
They said, they will ship worldwide.

UPDATE:

Further Info here:
viewtopic.php?t=214

73 Mnauel; DL2MAN
I have a batch 3 kit from *Rxxxx* and inspection with a thermal camera showed high temperature for filter caps on all bands. Some were size 0603 instead of 0805, too. After replacing ALL bandfilter caps with low ESL NP0 100V size 0805 from Kemet, I have the following results at 13.8V:
80m 7.2W 79.0% (should put on one extra turn on L51)
60m 4.4W 84.1%
40m 4.4W 83.3%
30m 4.9W 80.3%
20m 5.5W 70.0% (took one turn off L11)

An amazing and fun little radio. I have put a thin foam piece underneath the internal speaker and that gives acceptable results, but much better with external speaker with build in amp.

73 de Dirk
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

SA4DHT wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 11:44 I have a batch 3 kit from *Rxxxx* and inspection with a thermal camera showed high temperature for filter caps on all bands. Some were size 0603 instead of 0805, too. After replacing ALL bandfilter caps with low ESL NP0 100V size 0805 from Kemet, I have the following results at 13.8V:
60m 4.4W 84.1%
40m 4.4W 83.3%
30m 4.9W 80.3%

An amazing and fun little radio. I have put a thin foam piece underneath the internal speaker and that gives acceptable results, but much better with external speaker with build in amp.

73 de Dirk
Hi Dirk, that´s a very interesting Result.

Especially, your "only" 70% Efficiency on 20m. Because I was Investigating that Band exclusively and I could not get above that, too - with exchanged Capacitors.
So: You solved all the other Bands, but there´s still something weird going on - on 20m.

Regarding 0603 mixed with 0805: That was OK from my side, as the Footprint allows both and NP0/C0G rated for 100V is the only requirement I gave.
I did that also on my own Boards, and it never was a Problem.

I hope, *Rxxxx* will come forward with their findings, soon, as they are the only ones, that can check which capactitor is selected on what Band in their JLC-PCB Account for every Batch. Maybe there´s a similarity on all Batches. Maybe there´s even a polluted Batch of Capacitors....

73 Manuel, DL2MAN
Ohwenzelph

Post by Ohwenzelph »

Ok, then let's say just For the *Rxxxx* versions " IF you have 80% efficiency or better on 20 meters, what are the values of your caps and inductors? With details, if at all possible "
I.E. if you got it to work on 20 with >80% efficiency, how did you do it???
And yes, 'sometimes it's the caps' and not the toroids, sometimes...
Thanks

(mines not a *Rxxxx* and I have tried published Values from Manuels Schematics, and varied many things [worse is easy!] but have not gotten to 80% or > yet, on 20, but plan to!)
Faraaz VK4JJ

Post by Faraaz VK4JJ »

Ohwenzelph wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 17:42 (mines not a *Rxxxx* and I have tried published Values from Manuels Schematics, and varied many things [worse is easy!] but have not gotten to 80% or > yet, on 20, but plan to!)
Mine is similar. It is impossible to get good efficiency on 20M (not *Rxxxx* kit) - currently running around 65% efficiency.

Next step is a thermal camera.
SA4DHT

Post by SA4DHT »

DL2MAN wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 14:42
SA4DHT wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 11:44 I have a batch 3 kit from *Rxxxx* and inspection with a thermal camera showed high temperature for filter caps on all bands. Some were size 0603 instead of 0805, too. After replacing ALL bandfilter caps with low ESL NP0 100V size 0805 from Kemet, I have the following results at 13.8V:
60m 4.4W 84.1%
40m 4.4W 83.3%
30m 4.9W 80.3%

73 de Dirk
Hi Dirk, that´s a very interesting Result.

Especially, your "only" 70% Efficiency on 20m. Because I was Investigating that Band exclusively and I could not get above that, too - with exchanged Capacitors.
So: You solved all the other Bands, but there´s still something weird going on - on 20m.

Regarding 0603 mixed with 0805: That was OK from my side, as the Footprint allows both and NP0/C0G rated for 100V is the only requirement I gave.
I did that also on my own Boards, and it never was a Problem.

I hope, *Rxxxx* will come forward with their findings, soon, as they are the only ones, that can check which capactitor is selected on what Band in their JLC-PCB Account for every Batch. Maybe there´s a similarity on all Batches. Maybe there´s even a polluted Batch of Capacitors....

73 Manuel, DL2MAN
Hi Manuel,
apart from wrong capacitor types on all bands, *Rxxxx* pcb seems to have a less copper thickness since the power measurement track is 19 mOhm rather than 17 mOhm. The vias are covered by soldermask and have very small diameter this gives higher impedance for the ground connection. I have been working with electronic design for more than 35 years. Om hf boards I usually use vias with 0.4 mm hole, open vias in the soldermask and gold plating as surface treatment. It is not a big extra cost and makes it easier to pass EMC and radio testing requirements.

73 de Dirk