Rubber Feet for the (tr)uSDX

wa2t

Rubber Feet for the (tr)uSDX

Post by wa2t »

Hi Group,

In my continuing (current) obsession with making the (tr)uSDX as nice as possible, I have arrived at what I think is a nice vinyl feet arrangement for the (tr)uSDX. Here are the details:

Wafer head M3 x 14mm SS Screws: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001072025844.html

Using these on the bottom panel only. I might like Black ones for my black with white lettering color scheme unit but don't think I'll bother.

6mm (D) x 2mm (H) Clear Vinyl Bumpers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08L636363 applied neatly to the heads of the wafer head screws.

Again, I might like Black ones but they were difficult to impossible to find in 6mm size.

So here is the result:

Rubber Feet s.jpg
Rubber Feet s.jpg (242.48 KiB) Viewed 1074 times

Robert, WA2T
DL2RMM

Re: Rubber Feet for the (tr)uSDX

Post by DL2RMM »

Hi Robert, thanks for the design details.
My (tr)uSDX was also shifting around on my desk and I ended up building a "base" holding the tiny tcvr safely in place at a good viewing angle.

73 de Jens, DL2RMM
Attachments
(tr)uSDX base.JPG
(tr)uSDX base.JPG (59.78 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
wa2t

Post by wa2t »

DL2RMM wrote: 14 May 2022, 20:40 Hi Robert, thanks for the design details.
My (tr)uSDX was also shifting around on my desk and I ended up building a "base" holding the tiny tcvr safely in place at a good viewing angle.

73 de Jens, DL2RMM
Very nice Jens! I'd like to do something like that, maybe a 3D printer project. Looks like yours is made from metal? Can you provide any details?

P.S. Love the front panel, think we corresponded a bit already on that. Shaeffer in EU, Front Panel Express in USA, I forget the cost (but probably too rich for my blood!).

P.P.S. Printed my own case(s), this project gave me the excuse I needed to buy a 3D printer! Manuel recommended the Prusa MK3S+, which I bought. While expensive, it has been no trouble to get very nice printed parts out of it. Worth every penny I say!

Robert, WA2T
DL2RMM

Post by DL2RMM »

Yes, it's a simple sheet metal base that I bent in place to fit the (tr)uSDX.
I hope my kids don't mind as a few parts are now missing in their metal construction play set :D

73 de Jens, DL2RMM
Attachments
sheet metal base (tr)uSDX.jpg
sheet metal base (tr)uSDX.jpg (68.47 KiB) Viewed 994 times