HI-LO-Classic RFBoards

FK8IH

HI-LO-Classic RFBoards

Post by FK8IH »

Will it be possible, in the future, to buy a ready to plug (tr)uSDX with a choice of RF-boards: Lo, Hi and Classic? If it becomes possible I will not hesitate to buy it with two RFBoards: a Lo (80-60-40-30 and 20M) and a Hi (20-17-15-12 and 10M) and I will thus have an all-band tranceiver by simple permutation of the RFBoards. The Lo RFBoard seems to me to be of limited interest because I don't have access to the 60M band and the 80M band interests me little, only the 40-30 and 20M bands interest me. On the other hand, with the current increase in solar activity, the upper bands are opening up and this for several years and the Hi RFBoard would be the most interesting for me.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH
delta544

Re: HI-LO-Classic RFBoards

Post by delta544 »

Hi,

thats a great idea, I´d like to buy also both boards, if those are getting available. It would be a nice addition to the current setup.
AC9YY

Post by AC9YY »

I would also purchase one or two RF boards, especially the hi band version, but the classic if that was the only other option.
N6YWU

Post by N6YWU »

I think there would be a good amount of interest in both Lo and Classic RF boards, either done as group buys, approved kits with toroids and connectors, or even just PCBs with the recommended SMT parts soldered. I would be interested in paying for at least 2 if a source appears. 73, Ron, N6YWU
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

I talked today to Sunny, and she said, she would start in June with the sourcing for the alternative Bands. So: Coming soon....

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
FK8IH

Post by FK8IH »

Thanks Manuel for this nice decision.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH
Murphyv310

Post by Murphyv310 »

DL2MAN wrote: 31 May 2022, 20:29 I talked today to Sunny, and she said, she would start in June with the sourcing for the alternative Bands. So: Coming soon....

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
Absolutely Brilliant Manuel.
I'd definitely take a couple of boards as I'm really struggling with the tiny SMD caps, getting old is no fun 😭
Regards, Trevor. MM0KJJ
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Was not my decision. That is totally up to Sunny or any other supplier who wants to do it and sees a demand. I´m just the "Developer". I have nothing to do with their buisness ;)
All I did is: Ask if she is planning to do it.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
Ohwenzelph

Post by Ohwenzelph »

So, does this mean that the component values for the Hi and Classic band filters have been settled?
Murphyv310

Post by Murphyv310 »

DL2MAN wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 08:52 Was not my decision. That is totally up to Sunny or any other supplier who wants to do it and sees a demand. I´m just the "Developer". I have nothing to do with their buisness ;)
All I did is: Ask if she is planning to do it.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
I understand and thanks for the explanation.
With my low band version I've worked most of Europe and also heard in Australia. Well pleased with this one.
Regards, Trevor. MM0KJJ
AC9YY

Post by AC9YY »

If/when these are available I promise to buy at least one, but likely 2 depending what RF board band option(s) is/are available.
af7ux

Post by af7ux »

I messaged them yesterday to ask if they had an ETA on availability. It sounds like they have the boards, but they'll only sell the boards after Manuel approves them. I asked if they had sent one to him, and they said no :lol:
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Ohwenzelph wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 17:32 So, does this mean that the component values for the Hi and Classic band filters have been settled?
Not quite. I´ve created the BOMs for them, selecting available stuff from JLC-PCB, and created new Schematics with estimated amount of Turns, but it needs to be tested with the components they provide. I offered to do that for Sunny, as she´s a great partner (and I get to keep the stuff I test ;))
Once they send it to me, I´ll test it, and hopefully just need to create the amount of Turns and we´re good to go. When successfully tested, I will also upload the BOMs and Schematics to my Page.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN