FWD Power / SWR-Meter not showing up

hb9hnt

FWD Power / SWR-Meter not showing up

Post by hb9hnt »

Hey all

Before I even ask, please let me know if this is stupid question that has been answered before. It kind of strikes me odd that I can't find any information about this in the manual or the forum - but believe me, I did several searches before posting...

So, to my question: In the menu of the firmware I switched the point "1.13 SWR Meter" to "FWD-SWR" expecting forward power and swr to show up somewhere on the screen when transmitting. However, I don't see anything that resembles those values during transmission.

Someone else who came across a (tr)uSDX told me that it worked just fine on the device they have been shown, so I suppose there must be something wrong with my device or it is somehow misconfigured.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?
delta544

Re: FWD Power / SWR-Meter not showing up

Post by delta544 »

Hi,

i only saw it popping up when on CW mode.

Not sure if it was intended like that, run that latest FW wich is 2.0i I think.

kind regards,
Andreas
wa2t

Post by wa2t »

Correct, the meter only shows in CW mode. Would be nice if the meter worked in all modes but (guessing) maybe available code space constrains what can be done.

Robert, WA2T
Ohwenzelph

Post by Ohwenzelph »

No carrier in ssb so no power out if there is no sound, also measuring ssb "peak envelope power" (PEP) is used which is figured differently.
hb9hnt

Post by hb9hnt »

Thanks for the replies, this makes sense.

Even though it should be possible to show the FWD/REV power and calculate SWR on SSB if there is a carrier/sound. Like with commercial rigs it would drop to 0 if nothing is transmitted, or course.