Add On Features 2023?

tecknowguy@gmail.com

Add On Features 2023?

Post by tecknowguy@gmail.com »

Hi there,
Is it physically possible to add the following futures ?
1 . Wifi Module / Blue Tooth with Call notification via SSB -AFSK?
2 . Tone call receive and acknowledge feature to regular Contacts via SSB - AFSK
3 . Stand alone internet Gone Dark- Small Packet Data PC emails feature SSB ?
4 . AFSK Mode , RTTY and CW Decoding and CW android interface packet text features?

Two Main Points
1 . Trying to convince my teenage daughter Ham radio is superior comms when her cell phone has even the basics like notifications is tricky . Your radio features and SIZE are 2022. Im hoping you can integrate my concepts for the future.
I noted the glaringly obvious coms problems of the mobile Russian Army units having unreliable local systems.
Having a high tech radio in a world of unreliability on an old school band,HF SSB FSK Packet comms will defiantly be operational when the cell phones go off net and grid goes down.
Thanks
From Andrew NZ
Faraaz VK4JJ

Re: Add On Features 2023?

Post by Faraaz VK4JJ »

I would suggest no, given the already packed memory of the Atmega 328P.
John

Re: Add On Features 2023?

Post by John »

I wouldn't say ham radio is completely superior communication to cellphones. I would say it is very different, and far superior during times of emergency. Cellphones require every part of large, sophisticated networks to be functioning properly in order for them to work at all. When the cell-tower in town goes off the air, so do all the cellphones, and there is no way for you as an individual to make them work again, whereas you can usually fix any problems at your ham station, from antennas to power sources. As you know, ham radio requires nothing but a rig and modest power source in order to blanket a city of a million people, and to reach across thousands of miles to other countries and continents. I'd suggest you point out to her the applications of both types of communication and show her how they compliment one another, and how ham radio is essential to 'complete' communications.

I consider the (tr)uSDX the ultimate emergency communications rig. Multi-band, multi-mode, minuscule power consumption, minuscule size and weight, etc. Plus it costs next to nothing compared with other HF gear, so you can afford to buy one ready-made or build one as a convenient back-up to expensive radios. I'm considering building another one as an additional back-up rig that can be sent out to another location for point to point emergency communications. Voice communications is fast, and CW and some of the digital modes have long range. It's just a perfect little rig for the application.