- Posts: 1
- Joined: 11 Jul 2022, 01:43
I have just completed building a truSDX from a kit from the approved eBay supplier, following Manuel's video and the "written assembly instructions" quite exactly. Here are the things I'd do differently if I build another one:
- I would install the microphone and OLED before installing the pushbuttons. The height of the pushbuttons made soldering difficult. I'd install the audio jacks first, then the microphone and the OLED, and then solder the pushbuttons.
- My kit didn't have any extra header pins to space the OLED so I used a couple of my own. After assembly I discovered my kit had two small screws with nuts and spacer washers. I think I was supposed to use these to mount the OLED.
- Mount the OLED as close as possible to the main board or it will push up on the top cover.
- Since power goes from the main board to the RF board I installed the female header to the main board and the male header to the RF board.
- The direction of winding T1 and T2 is important so the wires don't cross when installed on the board. I brought the wire up through the hole and down around the outside, winding in a clockwise direction. T1 and both windings of T2 must be wound the same direction. The instructions in my kit had the new 3T/21T ratio for T2.
- You will need to drill out the holes in the case so the supplied screws will fit. Also you will need a 2.5mm Allen wrench to tighten them. I went instead to the hardware store for some #4 x 1/2 inch (3mmx12mm) wood screws, which worked well and were easier to install.
Now on to tuning... once my 3.5mm power plugs arrive. Hope this will be helpful to someone.
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 01 Jan 2022, 03:47
Be cautious with the connectors, the layers of the printed case can be prone to splitting if over stressed.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 23 Jul 2022, 02:28
AC7KY wrote: ↑11 Jul 2022, 02:16
My kit didn't have any extra header pins to space the OLED so I used a couple of my own. After assembly I discovered my kit had two small screws with nuts and spacer washers. I think I was supposed to use these to mount the OLED.
Mine arrived today and in my haste to built it, I didn't go over this forum first and did the EXACT same thing
It works very well though.