!!Check PTT/key

lowpower

!!Check PTT/key

Post by lowpower »

I recently received my (tr)uSDX. Attached a dummy load, powered it up and it displays this message: "!!Check PTT/key". I only have the dummy load and USB cable (to provide power) attached. Do I have a bad radio? Thanks.
N6YWU

Re: !!Check PTT/key

Post by N6YWU »

Check the Mic/Key jack and PTT button on your new radio. One of them might be shorted out or stuck.
73, Ron, n6ywu
sv5fri

Post by sv5fri »

Hi check ISP Connector if you have a short circuit between boards
---
73 Yiannis, SV5FRI
https://www.sv5fri.eu
DxCluster: dxc.sv5fri.eu:7300
lowpower

Post by lowpower »

Thank you all for your suggestions on what to check. Since I purchased the unit assembled and just received it, I didn’t want to create any warranty issues by disassembling it at this point.

I tried plugging the USB cable into another (2nd) identical power source and the radio now appears to be operating normally. The 1st power source was also charging my iPad at the time I received the “!!Check PTT/key” message. Could it be that somehow my iPad was activating the PTT via CAT control? Hmm… Hopefully this resolves the issue.

73’s
WallK

Post by WallK »

Mine's like that if I'm in iambic cw mode and don't have a paddle plugged in
I can't find what the reason is, I cleaned around 3.5mm socket's and PTT button pins, but it is still happening
Could be something inside the Paddle socket?
In SSB modes everything is just fine!
lowpower

Post by lowpower »

Hi WallK, see edwalker’s post titled “Spontaneous sending of an endless series of dahs”. I haven’t tried removing/replacing my mic, but it could be the a fix to our problem.
WallK

Post by WallK »

lowpower wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 16:49 Hi WallK, see edwalker’s post titled “Spontaneous sending of an endless series of dahs”. I haven’t tried removing/replacing my mic, but it could be the a fix to our problem.
Thank you! I'll get some mics to try!