Temperature of case

Luca66

Temperature of case

Post by Luca66 »

Hello everyone, does it happen to you too that during use, the case becomes slightly hot? I feed with 12v, and I don't notice any frequency drift.
DL2MAN

Re: Temperature of case

Post by DL2MAN »

A (tr)uSDX case is very unlikely to heat up as petg is a very bad conductor for heat....

What exactly do you have ?
s57l

Post by s57l »

I would not call it hot, but the case got warmer, when i was working a contest with antenna with higher swr…
Luca66

Post by Luca66 »

To claim that it is hot is an exaggeration. I notice that using it for a few hours (2-3 hours) continuously, the case becomes slightly lwarm, compared to when I start using it. Precise that always work with swr 1: 1, efficiency 70% and power around 3W, 20 m band.
Luca66

Post by Luca66 »

Could this I describe the possible cause? I have applied a transparent film between the display and the case to keep the dust out. Can the display be a heat source?
The top of the case is certainly warmer than the bottom.
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

SO you´re using the OnBoard speaker....
When onboard speaker is active, it gets warm, because there´s constantly flowing abt 10mA of PWM through it. This makes it prone to heating up.
It should stop, once you use headphones or active speaker.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
Luca66

Post by Luca66 »

DL2MAN wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 17:38 SO you´re using the OnBoard speaker....
When onboard speaker is active, it gets warm, because there´s constantly flowing abt 10mA of PWM through it. This makes it prone to heating up.
It should stop, once you use headphones or active speaker.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
Hi Manuel, I only use headphones. Rather now I have a problem with oled, see my post in the troubleshooting section. Do you have any advice for that problem?
AC9YY

Post by AC9YY »

Check for the OLED jumper.
Luca66

Post by Luca66 »

AC9YY wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 15:58 Check for the OLED jumper.
I checked and it does not seem unsoldered, otherwise pulling the electric wire, I would understand it.
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

So Luca66 now we know why your case was so hot!

It would be better to read and look at some videos before bothering others with unnecessary questions coming up due to not studying how it works....
You startet therefore two posts!!!

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
Luca66

Post by Luca66 »

dl6sez wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 08:02 So Luca66 now we know why your case was so hot!

It would be better to read and look at some videos before bothering others with unnecessary questions coming up due to not studying how it works....
You startet therefore two posts!!!

73 de Chris
Dear Chris, I may be asking stupid questions, but you don't fare better with your stupid comments. In addition to asking stupid questions, I also post that are useful to others, read the other section of the forum. What do you do? Just stupid comments. The forum is populated with stupid people and others like you smart, just choose, sorry for you.
73 Luca
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

OK Luca,

Chris has a valid point here: You have caused some effort for some people (including me), just because you completely ignored the instructions. Insulting him with phrases like "stupid" doesn´t make it any better. The opposite is the case. While I know it is hard on your ego, I would suggest to accept it, that your postings around this topic might not be received as helpful, as you think they are.

@Chris / DL6SEZ: Maybe your choice of the word "stupidity" is also not the right way to approach other members....

Chris is an active member since December 2021. And just looking at his postings will show you, he´s really trying to help people.

Don´t be afraid to ask questions, but I really ask you to READ through the forum and watch all the Videos before asking questions. I´ve put a lot of effort in it, and I would appreciate if it would not be ignored.

In the end it´s a matter of politeness, not wasting anyones time.

If you want to help, you can share with us, what made you believe that it´s OK to connect OLED to 12V, while even the PCB labelling in the OLED position says exactly what to do.
OLED_Warning.JPG
OLED_Warning.JPG (30.31 KiB) Viewed 2126 times
73 Manuel; DL2MAN
Luca66

Post by Luca66 »

DL2MAN wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 22:22 OK Luca,

Chris has a valid point here: You have caused some effort for some people (including me), just because you completely ignored the instructions. Insulting him with phrases like "stupid" doesn´t make it any better. The opposite is the case. While I know it is hard on your ego, I would suggest to accept it, that your postings around this topic might not be received as helpful, as you think they are.

@Chris / DL6SEZ: Maybe your choice of the word "stupidity" is also not the right way to approach other members....

Chris is an active member since December 2021. And just looking at his postings will show you, he´s really trying to help people.

Don´t be afraid to ask questions, but I really ask you to READ through the forum and watch all the Videos before asking questions. I´ve put a lot of effort in it, and I would appreciate if it would not be ignored.

In the end it´s a matter of politeness, not wasting anyones time.

If you want to help, you can share with us, what made you believe that it´s OK to connect OLED to 12V, while even the PCB labelling in the OLED position says exactly what to do.

OLED_Warning.JPG

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
Hi Manuel, I appreciate the effort you put into product development and I accept your advice to read up before asking questions. However, it must be clear that I answered a person who called my questions stupid. For me the question is closed, I apologize and I should have not answered.
Having established this, since I joined the forum I have also answered and helped other users. As for my choice to connect directly to the 12 volts pin on the strip, I mistakenly thought that the 12 volts were present at the regulator input, without checking the schematic well, my mistake.
Regards Manuel.
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Hi Luca,

everything fine on my side ! No hard feelings. In the end, we´re all in the same boat.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Hello Manuel,

sorry to say, where did i use the word "stupid"?
It was not me :) there is only one to blame...

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

dl6sez wrote: 17 Aug 2022, 13:27 Hello Manuel,

sorry to say, where did i use the word "stupid"?
It was not me :) there is only one to blame...

73 de Chris
Hi Chris,

I could swear I have read the word "stupidity" in your posting. But maybe it was already too late, when I posted my message. So I hereby officially apologize for the false accusation !

73 Manuel; DL2MAN