Side Tone at Power on & Bands covered.

N6MG

Side Tone at Power on & Bands covered.

Post by N6MG »

Hi everybody. I'm new to the (tr)uSDX transceiver and have a few questions. Actually, I have more than a few, but want to digest and learn about the radio a bit at a time.
1. When I plug the power jack into the power port, I get a solid tone from the speaker. It's responsive to the volume control, but, what is it? The display says it's in the receive mode.
2. I thought the radio covered 80m, 40m, 20m, 15, and 10m. Mine covers 80m, 60m, 40m, 30m & 20m.

What am I missing? Are there Menu items I haven't discovered yet?
These are the questions right in front of me at the moment.
I'd appreciate experienced help pls.
Milton
N6MG
dl6sez

Re: Side Tone at Power on & Bands covered.

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM Milton,

just use the Search Function here and you can find everything explained here...it is all about you to read it...
The Forum can not answer the same questions 1000 times, makes no sense.

Regarding the bands: Reading before buying would also help here!

73 de Chris DL6SEZ
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
Ohwenzelph

Re: Side Tone at Power on & Bands covered.

Post by Ohwenzelph »

If the volume is too loud the internal speaker squeels, it just does that, so don't set the volume too loud when using the internal speaker. I suspect that's what you have noticed.
There are three sets of bands possible for the rig, your rf board will be set up for only one of those three choices. I think it's the last or next to last item in the menu when you choose the correct one of those three groups. Lo 80 60 40 30 20. Hi 20 17 15 12 10. Or Classic 80 40 20 15 10.
https://dl2man.de/4-trusdx-manual/ (Not fully up-to-date)
https://dl2man.de/2-trusdx-assembly/
Watch a bunch of the videos, it will help.