RaspberryPI (Bullseye). Anything other than frequency changes cause Segmentation Fault

n4rg

RaspberryPI (Bullseye). Anything other than frequency changes cause Segmentation Fault

Post by n4rg »

I have reloaded the FLRig (V1.4.7) program on the RaspberryPI (Bullseye OS) twice and get the same operation both installations.

I can change the frequency (either the (tr)uSDX knob or the FLRig screen) just fine. FLRig updates the frequency when I change the (tr)uSDX knob, and the radio updates its frequency when I change it on FLRig). When I go into trace mode, I am seeing queries and responses in the window so FLRig is talking to the (tr)uSDX radio.

The problem occurs when I select any other setting (Mode (LSB, USB, etc), Filter, etc) FLRig immediately goes into segmentation fault and quits. The only other button that half-way works is the PTT button, and it will key the rig, but it stays keyed until I hit the init button within the PTT-Generic tab in the Configuration window.

When I select any other button, I will get a segmentation fault. I have tried TS-480HX and TS-480SAT rigs, and the TS-450 doesn't seem to work.

My settings are:
Rig: TS-480SAT (or TS-480HX)
/dev/ttyUSB1
Baud: 38400
1-Stop is checked
RTS/CTS is checked
All other checkboxes are clear

In the PTT-Generic Tab
All checkboxes are clear
PTT on CAT Serial Port: CAT set to both (all settings exhibit the same problem of not unkeying the rig)
RTS: Off
DTR: OFF
PTT control on Separate Serial Port: set to none

So what exactly am I doing wrong in the setup that is causing this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Herb
n4rg

Re: RaspberryPI (Bullseye). Anything other than frequency changes cause Segmentation Fault

Post by n4rg »

So there was a problem with flrig dealing with the TS-480 CAT controls. That has been fixed. If you're using flrig for (tr)uSDX then you will need to download the latest software at:

at http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/flrig/