Need help in UK please

M0ICR

Need help in UK please

Post by M0ICR »

Hi,

Is there anyone in the UK will the SMD skills to help me repair my (tr)uSDX please?

Digital side all seems to be working fine (info on OLED as it should be, shows freq, relays switch on band change and shows c1.52 out at 1.0 SWR - on USB cable power - into a dummy load (but no power on an external signal meter) but no RX or TX, I suspect a faulty si5351 as I can not detect any clock signals on CLK 0,1 or 2 with my oscilloscope. I think I might have caused the damage when I connected the main and RF boards and misaligned the pins.

Thanks in advance!

73 Carl M0ICR
m0icr@live.com
M0ICR

Re: Need help in UK please

Post by M0ICR »

Anyone able to help please?
Murphyv310

Re: Need help in UK please

Post by Murphyv310 »

Hi.
Although I've worked with modifying a low band to classic RF board and changed the SMD Capacitors I'd be reluctant to do further work, at 68 and not the best eyesight I'd struggle.
The issue here is the lack of people with the skills and equipment to do a successful chip change. If you have good magnification a decent temperature controlled soldering iron, liquid no clean flux and a new craft knife the chip can be done yourself. The issue is eyesight and skills, if you don't have this then look elsewhere.
Some of the vintage radio forums have highly skilled members who could help.
Why not join the UK Vintage Radio repair and restoration forum: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php?
And ask for help, they are UK based.
Regards, Trevor. MM0KJJ