TX power issue & missing serial number

KE0RUJ

TX power issue & missing serial number

Post by KE0RUJ »

Hello, I purchased the built transceiver from newdiytech.com a few months ago. And I am just really getting time to play with it.

1st issue: I have no idea what my serial number is. I wanted to get the newest firmware, but I have no idea what my serial number is.

2nd issue: I get very sporadic output when transmitting. Occasionally it will TX. But most of the time I am not getting any power output via, VOX, PTT, or CAT. Which prompted me to think it is firmware not hardware.

What are my options?

Thank you!

Scott
KE0RUJ
DH2LAB

Re: TX power issue & missing serial number

Post by DH2LAB »

Read here:

viewtopic.php?t=593

And use Search-function.
73 de Matt, DH2LAB
KE0RUJ

Post by KE0RUJ »

Well, I reflashed with new firmware, and then with the Beta. Again this was bought complete from DIYTech.

Rather disappointed at this point.
AC9YY

Post by AC9YY »

How are you testing power output? The best way is in CW mode into a dummy load.
HB9HJF

Post by HB9HJF »

And confirming the power output with testing the resulting peak-to-peak voltage with something like an oscilloscope if you can use one...

Some dummy loads will have a DC voltage tap (capacitor + diode) to give an approximation of the RMS voltage. The 20W dummy load from QRP-Labs has exactly this, and it can be read with a multimeter (if I remember correctly - I'm using my Rigol instead).

This type of power meter measurement will likely be more accurate than most needle meters and most e.g. digital load meters - for the low power outputs from the (tr)uSDX.
-- Cathal Ferris.
Paddler, pedaller, stargazer, nerd.
Wiggler of electrons both in silicon and in the ether.