Pin header questions

bozz66

Pin header questions

Post by bozz66 »

Hi, I’m currently building the (tr)uSDX now and following the video assembly instructions. I’ve come to a standstill with the pin header that connects the 2 boards. The pin header supplied does not have longer pins on one side compared to the other. The black spacer divides them equally. I have tried to slide the spacer with no luck at all. It won’t budge. The longer side is supposed to go up thru the OLED side. Any suggestions? Was I sent the wrong one?
Also, I am ready to install the OLED, but not sure where the “break away” pin headers are located. We’re they supposed to come with the kit? Thanks for any help! Mark - W7MMG
DL2MAN

Re: Pin header questions

Post by DL2MAN »

Would you mind Sharing a picture of your Problem ?

73 Manuel DL2MAN
bozz66

Re: Pin header questions

Post by bozz66 »

Thanks for the reply. I think I have figured it out. I have the Chinese version of the kit. Found another video from DL2MAN with a kit similar to mine, and the pin header was the just like the one I have. Apparently you don’t need a short or long side with my kit. Also, plastic spacers were provided with my kit for the OLED instead of break away pin headers. Looks like I can continue with the build. Once again, thank you for offering to help. Mark- W7MMG