Problem with TX and RX, CW mode at 80m

9a5yy

Problem with TX and RX, CW mode at 80m

Post by 9a5yy »

Hello!

I need help. My trusdx is delivered from approved supplier at Alliexpress.
I adjusted power and efficiency at all bands.
When I press and release PTT in CW mode the trusdx remains 5-6s in TX, before going to RX. I found this problem during power and efficiency adjustment at 80m. At other bands no similar problems. What to do here to solve this problem?

73 de neven, 9A5YY
n8jjo

Re: Problem with TX and RX, CW mode at 80m

Post by n8jjo »

Does this happen using the internal PTT switch or with an external key/switch?

Are you transmitting into a dummy load or an antenna?

Trying to rule out RF as cause.

73 John N8JJO
9a5yy

Post by 9a5yy »

Hello John!

It happens when using internal PTT switch and external keyer.
I use dummy load. This is my second trusdx. With the first one I did't have this problem.
9a5yy

Post by 9a5yy »

Hello!

I wanted to upload bootloader to my trusdx with Arduino programmer because I didn't see Serial Number when trusdx was powered up for the first time. I don't know why but I didn't succeed to upload bootloader.
Something was wrong. Finally I successfully updated firmware once again. It seems my problem with CW at 80m disappeared with updated firmware.

73 de Neven, 9A5YY
n8jjo

Post by n8jjo »

Glad to hear you solved the issue!

73 John
9a5yy

Post by 9a5yy »

Hello!

Finally, after few days I found out that the new firmware didn't solve problem with CW mode at 80m.
I contacted official trusdx supplier at Aliexpress Sunny. I described him problem and sent him video with problem. Sunny after watching video assumed that probably mainboard causes problem. He sent me new mainboard quickly. I soldered components and made OLED modification at the new mainborad. With the new mainboad used at my trusdx, the problem with CW mode at 80m disappeared. I can only assume that at my old mainboard something was soldered bad in factory. So, that's my story how I solved problem thanks to Sunny.

73 de Neven, 9A5YY