No Input Into Mic Jack

w8ykg

No Input Into Mic Jack

Post by w8ykg »

Hello Folks, I have really enjoyed building this great rig and have not run into any real problems until now, as I am setting it up for digital modes. In WSJT-X, CAT is working fine, and it is receiving fine. However, I cannot get it to transmit. I wired the cable as per Manuel's instructions, but still nothing transmits. The CAT switches the radio into transmit mode, and the "T" appears in the display. But nothing goes out. I tried switching to VOX to see if that would do it, but it still failed to transmit anything. To check the cable, I unplugged it from the radio and plugged it into an amplified speaker, then hit the "Tune" button in WSJT-X. A nice clear tone played in the amplified speaker. So I know I have a tone out, the cable is working, and the CAT handles putting the radio into transmit mode just fine. There is just nothing going through the mic input. I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jim
wa2t

Re: No Input Into Mic Jack

Post by wa2t »

Did you follow the mic jack pinout here: https://dl2man.de/4-trusdx-manual/? Does your mic connection conform to this?

Robert, WA2T
w8ykg

Re: No Input Into Mic Jack

Post by w8ykg »

Hi Robert, yes I followed the pinout and confirmed it with the meter, but the problem is now solved! I was reading through the posts here again, and ran across G0CVZ's similar problem, where he didn't have a power meter connected, and then realized that the radio display doesn't show output on SSB. I connected a power meter, and my output was also just fine! I always thought I'd get smarter as I got older!