CAT functionalities and remote display?

w1drn

CAT functionalities and remote display?

Post by w1drn »

Two questions:
(1) What functions are actually controllable via CAT? Using FLRIG with my truSDX, so far I can only see that changing frequency and changing mode (USB/LSB/etc) work.

(2) Is there a way to remotely see (query) the LED display (hopefully via CAT)?

I would be willing to take a stab at adding support in FLRIG for truSDX as its own rig if we could use CAT to virtually press the left/middle/right buttons (and rotate the dial) and poll for updates to the LED display.

-david W1DRN
gkapou

Re: CAT functionalities and remote display?

Post by gkapou »

Could u pleas give the settings for flrig connection and if u happpen to know for fldig for the trussdx? thanx in advance. goerge SY1DNJ
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

(tr)uSDX supports all TS480 Commands.
Anything above that requires CAT Streaming, which will be integrated as well, but it will require a piece of code on your PC, that does not yet exist.
Bottom line: Will come, but at this point we don´t know when.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
w1drn

Post by w1drn »

I'm not really interested in streaming audio over CAT (I have spkr+mic working fine over audio cables), but what I'm actually interested in just CAT control. (My ham shack/office is at the front of my house, but the antenna comes in at the back of the house, so I'm using a Raspberry Pi to do remote control.)

Anyway, I found the uSDX firmware source code in the file usdx.ino at https://github.com/threeme3/usdx
I see that there is code for CAT commands UD (return display) and UK (press keys), but that code is #ifdef'd based on CAT_EXT (CAT extensions), but the #define for CAT_EXT is commented-out. I manually sent a UD command to my truSDX, which returned "?;" (command unrecognized), so the firmware that came with my truSDX wasn't compiled with CAT_EXT defined.

New question: Is there some place I can get pre-compiled firmware that has CAT_EXT enabled? (Or is that, like streaming, a future addition that I just need to wait for?)

Thanks,
-david W1DRN
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Hi David,

I´ve sent Guido a message to look into your posting. He will hopefully reply soon.

73 Manuel, DL2MAN
DO1OKE

Post by DO1OKE »

DL2MAN wrote: 13 Apr 2022, 20:42 Hi David,

I´ve sent Guido a message to look into your posting. He will hopefully reply soon.

73 Manuel, DL2MAN
Any news on cat stream/remote functionality?
73!