Testing MCU before soldering to main-board - plus surplus UK-based MCUs available for group-buys

M0WDV

Testing MCU before soldering to main-board - plus surplus UK-based MCUs available for group-buys

Post by M0WDV »

I have organised a group-buy (30 kits) for my radio club, Cray Valley Radio Society.

I now have all the components, but one part I had great difficulty in acquiring was the ATMEGA328P in TQFP-32. They seem to be about as abundant as rocking-horse droppings!

I evenually found a couple of sources in China, but I was warned that some of the suppliers on Aliexpress ship sub-par components. For this reason, I over-ordered in the hope that out of the 80 MCUs I ordered, there are at least 30 good ones.

My dilemma is how to perform some kind of simple smoke-test of each MCU before soldering it to the main-board and programming up the bootloader.

Would it be feasible, for instance, to somehow hold the unsoldered MCU on the pads to test it?

I'm open to suggestions.

BTW if I have any spare working MCUs over and above the 30 I need for my club's kits, I will be looking to sell the surplus, and I will be happy to sell them on at cost, which was about £5 each (plus postage), to anyone who's trying to acquire them for their own (tr)uSDX group-buys. I'm based in the UK.

Dav M0WDV
pesantgon

Re: Testing MCU before soldering to main-board - plus surplus UK-based MCUs available for group-buys

Post by pesantgon »

hola amigo: Estaría interesado en 2 o mas Atmega 328 ¿ Estas aun interesado en alguna venta de excedente?. te pido me envíes información para poder comprar y así beneficiarnos ambos
Un saludo 73s . Pedro santolaya. Loroño
españa

User Warning: Please respect the forum rules ! English language only !