No display on startup (SOLVED)

n5vwn

No display on startup (SOLVED)

Post by n5vwn »

I’ve read some other post on this. First fire up was using a mini usb plug. Why didn’t they include a power plug?? I heard clear cw but have no display. Re heated several things and then pulled the display along with one pad. Put it all back together and put it away. I wanted that filter board. Because I wanted 10 meters. Had no problem with it. Someday I’ll buy a fully built kit and switch it over to my classical filter. Just venting. de n5vwn
Last edited by n5vwn on 08 Dec 2022, 06:36, edited 1 time in total.
n5vwn

Re: No display on startup

Post by n5vwn »

I feel like the display isn’t getting power. Could I jumper ground on the display to a ground on the board? Is there a way to check voltage on the display safely?
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Hi,

Just measure the Pins on the Display. GND and VCC should be present.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
n5vwn

Post by n5vwn »

Ok I do have voltage there. 4.77v.
n5vwn

Post by n5vwn »

I guess I’ll take the display off again and reflow that jumper wire. Also may run wire jumpers to all display connections. After that? I’ll let ya-all know how it goes.
n5vwn

Post by n5vwn »

Yeah nothing worked and I buggered it up pretty bad. Looking at other post, I ordered another display on eBay. Let’s see if that works. The main board looks clean so hoping that’s it. Shipping on the display was more than the display itself. Hihi only takes a few days to get here. In the meantime time, putting together a multi-cw kit I had from qrp guys. Lots of SMD chips but it went smoothly. Has to order a missing part for that to.
n5vwn

Re: No display on startup (SOLVED)

Post by n5vwn »

Problem solved! Got a display on eBay. Securing holes didn’t match but everything else did. It worked fine. I did the same measures on the back removing those 2 capacitors and did the jumper wire thing. Now that I have a display, I have found my efficiencies are low. In the mid 50’s to mid 60’s. Also my ssb is barely there. (Listened on another rig). But that’s another post. Reception seems really good.
VA3HF

Post by VA3HF »

Just checking, did the display ever work? If not, check out my explanation in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=741
n5vwn

Post by n5vwn »

The original display didn’t work. The aftermarket one did work. Now that I can see stuff, I have found my efficiencies are mostly in the low 60s 10 meters in low 40s. So I got some work to do.