wrong chip detected in avrdudess

pe1dqv

wrong chip detected in avrdudess

Post by pe1dqv »

Recently bought the aliexpress kit from uptech store. After assembly receiving seems ok, but when sending it seems to have the 'splatter problem' - unaudible sound, huge bandwidth. Manual advices in his video to refresh the bootloader in this situation.

More weirdness: On factory reset (not on normal power-up) the board ddisplays my callsign, but no serialnumber, just my callsign on the first line and 1C - wich are the last digits of the serial number - on the second line. It should give the complete number?

When I try use avrdudess to identifies the chip it reports it as Atmega328P - 1E950F. Printing on the chip says clearly 328PB. I don't want to brick the board by forcing it to upload to an invalid chip id so I'm a litte stuck here. Any tips or advice?
DL2MAN

Re: wrong chip detected in avrdudess

Post by DL2MAN »

Hi,

as mentioned here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_oj9025o9M

The Bootloader emulated always the P Version. So this is normal behavior.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
pe1dqv

Post by pe1dqv »

I did see the video, but apparently I did not really listen ...

In the meantime I was able to (re) load the bootloader and the firmware, but haven't tested yet.

Thanks for your patience, 73, Adrie
pe1dqv

Post by pe1dqv »

So far so good, I was able to (re)write bootloader and firmware.
After playing around with TX drive it seems to give reasonable audio, but I haven't been able to do real tests: in the process I killed the drive mosfet (it doesn't like sending on not-preferred bands, and I accidentially had the voltage at 13.5 - I usually test at USB or 7-9 Volts max)
Waiting for new mosfets to arrive...
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

please buy your new FETs at a good well known supplier like Mouser, Digikey or Farnell, in Germany: Buerklin or Reichelt...
otherwise i'm sure you will get something labeled with the name you bought but only the name matches ;)

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany