About the Classic Bands kit, whether the power and standing wave are normal?

storyofyouandme

Post by storyofyouandme »

Classic Bands kit,the 8.2PA max is 38, the voltage is 12V,TET is FDT86256, T2 coil is shown in the picturpicture below. All coils used 0.45MM enamelled wire, include T2. Connect to 50 Ohms the dummy load, and press PTT key continuously for 1-3 seconds, the power and SWR also sustained movement, as shown below. Because the 8.2PA max is only 38, and the maximum power is 4.25W, I didn't continu. I worried about destroy FDT86256. Please analyze the power and SWR change with the transmission time is normal? Thank you!
73!
Last edited by storyofyouandme on 30 Jan 2023, 12:21, edited 8 times in total.
storyofyouandme

Re: About the Classic Bands kit, power and standing wave.

standing wave
Last edited by storyofyouandme on 30 Jan 2023, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
dl6sez

Re: About the Classic Bands kit, power and standing wave.

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

have a look at the videos: DL2MAN on youtube, and please don't use any auto translate function into english. Difficult to understand right what is the meaning.

As i understood:
Yes, your output power should be between 4W and 5W also for FDT86256 not for FDT86286 as you wrote (maybe only a typo). Also your enameled wire is thicker and will make a inductance/ parallel capacitance change in the Ls.... Please use only parts as mentioned in the circuit. If you talk about PA max please it is normally 160 for FDT86256. You also changed other parts... nobody nows what exactly happens.
Measure your output power with a power meter outside to see if your displayed power is okay.

If you use only well known parts especially toroids and output FETs you will get what all others get....
a working (tr)uSDX :)

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
storyofyouandme

Re: About the Classic Bands kit, whether the power and standing wave are normal?

Hello Dl6sez, forget my poor English. :D I have corrected the text error. It seems to be the reason for 0.45MM enameled wire. It is too thick. Thank you very much for your suggestion. I really want to see DL2MAN's videos on youtube, but I can't see them because they are restricted in my area. I believe that many HAMs have the same situation as me, which is very regrettable. TRUSDX is a very interesting design. I like it and have a lot of fun in construction. Thank you.
73!
dl6sez

Re: About the Classic Bands kit, whether the power and standing wave are normal?

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

oh this is hard to hear that you don't have access to youtube videos of (tr)uSDX.
I hope i can help you further, maybe we get your (tr)uSDX functioning right in the next days :)

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
storyofyouandme

Thank you very much for your advice and help!
73!