CANUSA **boards only** group buy - leader VA3RR - closed.

va3rr

CANUSA **boards only** group buy - leader VA3RR - closed.

Post by va3rr »

When Mitch sadly passed, I had offered on the group.io forum to run a "boards-only" purchase for interested parties. This is just an order of boards with the SMD parts mounted on one side of each board. It excludes toroids, relays, jacks, OLEDs, rotary encoders, speaker, microphone, case/enclosure, etc.

Following Manuel's excellent instructions, I did a test run on JLCPCB and found that the SN74CBT3253 is also unavailable. This is a 16 pin TSSOP package that I do not like soldering. Solder paste may be better for some. There are some other SOIC parts unavailable, but I feel most homebrewers are capable of hand soldering these devices.

As well, unlike my previous bare board purchases from JLCPCB, these won't fly under the watchful eye of Canada Customs, and I will like be assessed 13% HST (VAT) on this purchase, as well as some brokerage fees depending on the shipper (TNT!).

Despite these obstacles, a handful of my group have indicated they would like me to go forward with a purchase regardless. The good news is that I am reasonably certain, based on previous experience that I can mail a single set of boards stateside for approx $5.00 in a bubble envelope.

So, if you aren't fazed by soldering SMD devices, sourcing your parts from Kits and Parts, Mouser/Digikey and Ebay, and bashing together an enclosure, feel free to email me at [callsign]@yahoo.ca. If I get to 50 interested parties, I will make an announcement here that the order sheet is full.

I hope to order next week, anticipating that JLCPCB may grind to a stop for lunar new year...

Again, my email is Victor Alpha Three Romeo Romeo @ yahoo.ca - or private msg me on this forum.

vy 73 de va3rr
Slava Ukraini!
va3rr

Re: CANUSA **boards only** group buy - leader VA3RR - closed.

Post by va3rr »

This group buy is now closed. Thanks to all...
Russ
Slava Ukraini!