1 Khz tone

Dalton

1 Khz tone

Post by Dalton »

Hi guys.
I hope someone can help me.
I bought my (tr)uSDX a year ago as a group by kit. I posted a video of my problem on FB: https://www.facebook.com/1050543270/vid ... 925756401/

I have a problem on USB or LSB transmission. When I transmit on USB, there is a tone that is 1kHz above the base frequency. At LSB it is 1 kHz down. In the video, the tone can be seen and heard on the Web SDR receiver at 14.251 MHz (1Khz tone).
I don't know a lot about electronics so, I don't know where to look for the error. A colleague who helped me with the assembly, visually inspected the boards and did not find any errors.
I reloaded the firmware and checked if the boards are touching anywhere. Unfortunately, without success.
I work with an internal microphone. For the test, I inserted an "empty" 3.5 mm connector into the microphone jack (without wires) to disconnect the internal microphone. The result is the same...
Has anyone had the same problem.

Thanks,
S56DE
dl6sez

Re: 1 Khz tone

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

i suggest a reset, pressing tuning knob and than connect to power....
I think you have maybe a problem with TX drive or stored parameters in EEProm,
after a software update one needs to do a Reset as described.

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Chris, thanks for your suggestions.
I tried all of that with no luck. 1kHz tone is still there...
If I find an error, I will post here.

73, S56DE
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Problem solved!
My friend - an electronic freek, found out that the problem was in the ATmega processor. For some reason a 1 KHz tone appeared even at 5V.
After replacing the chip, the 1KHz tone disappeared.

S56DE
W3EQB

Post by W3EQB »

Thanks for this! I don't know if I can replace the chip myself, but this really sounds like the same kind of issue I have. I've already ordered a completely new kit from a different authorized vendor. Maybe I'll take a shot at changing the chip in the future!