NEWDIYTech Returns - HowTo?

NI6V

NEWDIYTech Returns - HowTo?

Post by NI6V »

So I bought the low bands kit and found everything in it to be way out of spec. I was able to bodge together a barely functional radio. Before doing that I made the mistake of ordering the Hi bands kit. Now I want to return that rather than make any attempt at building it. It looks like NewDIYTech has a return policy but no links. Anyone know how get this thing returned?
Ohwenzelph

Re: NEWDIYTech Returns - HowTo?

Post by Ohwenzelph »

This is the “approved supplier”? Please, tell us all about “everything was way out of spec”, what did you check, how, and exactly which parts were how far out of spec? I am sure I am not the only one who wants to know. Even Hans at QRPLabsKits had some bad op amps in a run of QCX minis, at one point. So some times you are unlucky and stuff just happens. For me the efficiencies and power out have not always been quite as good as Manuel’s standards despite my best efforts to tweak things. I have a couple of group buy kits but also a couple of as yet unbuilt ( hi and classic ) ones from this supplier and so, have a real concern. Sorry, but no clue re how to do returns, so far…
Tnx&73
Jer aa1of
NI6V

Post by NI6V »

Just to give you an idea. Wound all the toroids according to the directions. The 2nd harmonic and the pass band were a flat line. When I put the toroids on an LCR meter and unwrapped them to the schematic inductance I was pulling 5-6 turns minimum off. This got me a very mild dip in the second harmonic roughly where it should have been. No sharp peaky dips like those displayed in the instructions. Now I suspect the capacitors. I am not interested in burning more money on test equipment to look at them with a FLIR camera.

I spent the better part of 3 days trying to get something more concrete, but at this point for a $105 worth of parts and a under powered, poorly featured, and un-tunable radio I see no reason to keep moving forward. Not to mention my welcome here in the forum was anything but warm. My time is worth exponentially more than the value of this radio and with such poor documentation and no interest from the creators of making good documentation, I am not learning anything from this experience.
Ohwenzelph

Post by Ohwenzelph »

Thanks
db9pz

Post by db9pz »

NI6V wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 14:05
Just to give you an idea.

I spent the better part of 3 days trying to get something more concrete, but at this point for a $105 worth of parts and a under powered, poorly featured, and un-tunable radio I see no reason to keep moving forward. Not to mention my welcome here in the forum was anything but warm. My time is worth exponentially more than the value of this radio and with such poor documentation and no interest from the creators of making good documentation, I am not learning anything from this experience.

In Germany we will call it:

"Wie man in den Wald ruft, so schallt es zurück!"

Please be so kind, and 'translate' it with 'Google' !

Don't be so angry to people, who want to help you, ... !

Maybe, the 'mistake' is not Manuels or Guidos fault? Not mine, or "Peter's" or "Paul's" ? Maybe the fault is on the other side, ... ?

Don't blame the inventor, go to your supplyer, and ask him for some 'help'!

Can you exactly describe what is going wrong ? What will not 'fit' ? What went wrong!

And - please - be as exact as possible!

For my person, my (TR)-U SDX is not a 'Yae-Wood-Com' what cost me abt. 2k5$, but it's a little 'sub 100€ device', with a lot of fun in it! And a little work, ... !

And - it 'works' after some tweeks an stitches, realy good!

It takes me weeks, to bring it to the version I want to have!
(Now [!] that all is aglined, in the right way.)

Maybe, you think to get a 2k5$ radio for 'allmost nothing'?
Be so fair, and take a 'second look' at your (TR)_U SDX !
Maybe you better get a 'assembled radio' ?

73/72 de Markus - db9pz

... and the 'beat goes on', ... !
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

NI6V wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 14:05 Just to give you an idea. Wound all the toroids according to the directions. The 2nd harmonic and the pass band were a flat line. When I put the toroids on an LCR meter and unwrapped them to the schematic inductance I was pulling 5-6 turns minimum off. This got me a very mild dip in the second harmonic roughly where it should have been. No sharp peaky dips like those displayed in the instructions. Now I suspect the capacitors. I am not interested in burning more money on test equipment to look at them with a FLIR camera.

I am sorry, that your belly was not rubbed here, like your mom used to do....
Needing to remove "5-6 turns" rings my alarm bells and makes clear, that mistake is somewhere else. Probably a user error, because you did not refer to the right part of my "poor documentation". But since you did not give precise information of what exactly you have bought, just random rage, I suggest to return it to sunny.
Please contact her on the platform you bought the stuff or simply write her an email
-> yangqiu8866@163.com
Pro-Tip: If you ask precisely and polite, you might get a more warm welcome next time.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
db9pz

Post by db9pz »

[/quote]
I am sorry, that your belly was not rubbed here, like your mom used to do....
Needing to remove "5-6 turns" rings my alarm bells and makes clear, that mistake is somewhere else. Probably a user error, because you did not refer to the right part of my "poor documentation". But since you did not give precise information of what exactly you have bought, just random rage, I suggest to return it to sunny.
Please contact her on the platform you bought the stuff or simply write her an email
-> yangqiu8866@163.com
Pro-Tip: If you ask precisely and polite, you might get a more warm welcome next time.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
[/quote]

[English-text for the Group, 'Inter-national']

Manuel, was my 'answer' to harsh?
I allways 'knew', that I bought not an 'out-off-the-box' transceiver, that works 'like a charm'!

The 'fun' begans, whenn I 'altered' some points, and the TRX will follow my -'tweeking,' on the step.

As I wrote, it's not a "Yae-Com-Wood", that is not I'm searching for, it's more a 'minimalistic SDR-TRX', with a lot place to play around, ... !

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

[German-Text (my 'native' tounge')]

Manuel,
war ich zu hart mit meiner 'Antwort' ?

Mir war immer 'bewußt' das es kein 'Fertig-Transceiver' ist, der 'ohne Probleme' aus der Packung 'läuft', ... !

Für mich hat der 'Spaß' angefangen, als ich hier und dort, noch etwas 'ândern' mußte/konnte, und ich auch eine Änderung in im Verhalten des TRX bemerkte.

Wie ich schrieb, es ist kein "Yae-Com-Wood", danach habe ich aber auch nicht gesucht, mehr ein 'Minimalistischer SDR-TRX' mit viel Spielraum zum ausprobieren, ... !

72/73 de Markus (JN39fq 5km east of LX)
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Hello Marcus,

my reply was not focused towards you, but to mr. complainy-pants.
If it was to harsh or not is up to you to decide.
I simply take no more BS from people with "Amazon full service mentality".
NI6V wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 14:05 My time is worth exponentially more than the value of this radio and with such poor documentation and no interest from the creators of making good documentation, I am not learning anything from this experience.
If I had your attitude, there simply would be no (tr)uSDX, you genius....

73 Manuel; DL2MAN