Re: Feedback thread for Firmware 2.00t BETA

Post by elTrauko »

Menu 8.7
HB9JOI

Post by HB9JOI »

Hi Manuel ...
Sorry about follows but with FW-version " i " I had not described problems:

The beta-fw seems to be not good at all : No / or minimal differences between bandwide 3 Kc and 4 Kc. Also if you swich to 2,4 kc the signal-strengh goes down to 50% .
Next is that the unwanted, opposite sideband will not good or not suppressed . When you listen in LSB and swich to USB you will copy the signal like same if would not switched . Make another test : go on 14.074 mc USB and listen FT8 ... if you switch to LSB you will coppy the same like in USB . Normal would be in this case that in LSB the signals should be away . Same is if you copy in LSB and switch to USB ... then you will copy the signal same like in LSB , also without unwanted opposite sideband suppression .
I mean it is not recommended to install the new beta-FW (t-Version) , it is better let the fw version " i " !
I have 5 different (tr)uSDX`s from different registered sellers .
All I have updated to the Beta-FW-v.-T- .
With all of them the described Beta-FW problems are the same.
The only positive thing with the beta-FW (-T- version) is the added scope function and the added CW-storage .
73 , Jens / HB9JOI ( hb9joi@bluewin.ch )
RA9AMC

Post by RA9AMC »

Hello for everyone! Spectrum works great. It is very convenient to search for the option number in the menu - left and right! Memory CW1-abt 25 characters. CW2...CW6 -abt 40 characters, and works great. But, at 28.060 MHz immediately after turning on (tr )uSDX, a pulse-QRN appears - (loud rustle S -7) in 28.060 MHz. And this QRN is slowly moving lower in frequency. This is clearly visible on the spectrum. After abt 3min slowly goes down - to the frequency 28.025 ... 28.010 and below. On other ranges, this defect is not noticeable. How to reduce QRN and why does it appear every time after switching on on 10m? And one more thing - I changed the circuit a little: I swapped pins 1-2 for T1 and T2
Ohwenzelph

Post by Ohwenzelph »

What you are hearing reminds me of interference from a switching power supply.
Also, what do you mean by “ swapped pins 1-2 for T1 and T2”?
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

HB9JOI wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 23:02 Hi Manuel ...
Sorry about follows but with FW-version " i " I had not described problems:

The beta-fw seems to be not good at all : No / or minimal differences between bandwide 3 Kc and 4 Kc. Also if you swich to 2,4 kc the signal-strengh goes down to 50% .
Next is that the unwanted, opposite sideband will not good or not suppressed . When you listen in LSB and swich to USB you will copy the signal like same if would not switched . Make another test : go on 14.074 mc USB and listen FT8 ... if you switch to LSB you will coppy the same like in USB . Normal would be in this case that in LSB the signals should be away . Same is if you copy in LSB and switch to USB ... then you will copy the signal same like in LSB , also without unwanted opposite sideband suppression .
I mean it is not recommended to install the new beta-FW (t-Version) , it is better let the fw version " i " !
I have 5 different (tr)uSDX`s from different registered sellers .
All I have updated to the Beta-FW-v.-T- .
With all of them the described Beta-FW problems are the same.
The only positive thing with the beta-FW (-T- version) is the added scope function and the added CW-storage .
73 , Jens / HB9JOI ( hb9joi@bluewin.ch )
What you describe is a typical hardware issue. I would suggest to revert back to stable version and report back, wether your problem is still there. I doubt, that firmware made what you decribe. I think you will see the same errors with 2.00i now, that you know what you´re looking for.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
yoshihiro

Post by yoshihiro »

I did a POTA operation today with the new firmware.
I did 7 QSOs on CW.
Keying response is great as before.
Unfortunately, the delay time of semiQSK was not improved.
I am glad that the CW memory has been increased.

Request for additional features
I always connect the antenna and press the PTT button first to check the SWR before starting to communicate.
But to measure SWR I have to set Keyer mode to straight.
I always use Iambic, so this is a bit of a hassle.
If possible, I would like to be able to use the PTT button in the Iambic setting.

de JJ3IUS TU 73
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM Yoshihiro,

you don't have to switch to straight key to see swr, simply stay longer on the ptt and it switches automatically from dits to tune after more 8 dits (this feature was added many firmware versions ago).

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
yoshihiro

Post by yoshihiro »

dl6sez wrote: 30 Mar 2023, 16:29 Hello OM Yoshihiro,

you don't have to switch to straight key to see swr, simply stay longer on the ptt and it switches automatically from dits to tune after more 8 dits (this feature was added many firmware versions ago).

73 de Chris
Hello OM Chris,

I just checked the great features.
Thank you!

73 de JJ3IUS
Constrainted

Post by Constrainted »

dl6sez wrote: 30 Mar 2023, 16:29 Hello OM Yoshihiro,

73 de Chris
Thanks for pointing this out. I never noticed, but this is useful for me too. Easier than switching to straight. But if the SWR is high, I worry about the damage during the 8 dits........

73 Constrainted
DO1OKE

Post by DO1OKE »

Thanks for the update!

I noticed two minor "bugs":

1. When switching from VFO 2 SSB to VFO 1 CW the keyer goes of with continuous dits. This also sometimes happens when changing mode to cw but I cannot really replicate this.

2. When editing the cw messages (thanks for that!) the band switch is not disabled. Pressing the rotary to fast will change bands.
K4KPG

Post by K4KPG »

I could really use a fix to the issue where this beta changed my Classic Band unit to the Standard bands. This has made it essentially unusable except on 80m.

I have tried several times to reflash the original firmware without success of bringing the Classic Bands back.

It is interesting to note, which may help in the determination of what happened, that the menu item 4.2 from the beta firmware has also remained. This is a cq message. I may have entered something into this menu item.

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

Mark K4KPG
K4KPG wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 17:02 Thanks for the beta to test.

It worked fine on my Standard unit but changed the bands on my Classic unit to the standard bands.

Even reinstalling the original firmware did not bring back the Classic bands.

Is there a way to get back the Classic Bands?
Mark K4KPG
s57l

Post by s57l »

You shoud do your homework...
Low/classic/high is changed in the menu.
After firmware flash you shoud reset it, push and hold vhf knob while plugging it to power supply...
KB7ASH

Post by KB7ASH »

I'm enjoying my time with the (tr)uSDX. After accidentally turning a transceiver kit into a spare parts kit I invested in a prebuilt from the official source, which exhibits no obvious defects and has the T2 'mod' performed from the factory.

After experimenting for a bit, I upgraded the firmware to 2.00t Beta and managed to pick up WWV on 20m rather faintly. However, while in CW mode (and no other mode), it consistently exhibits 'ghost' PTT/key presses with nothing attached to the Mic/Key jack. Dit with iambic mode on, and a constant tone in straight mode. Sometimes it's just a few dits, and other times it would continue until I pressed my finger to the Mic/Key outlet.

I downgraded to 2.00i and the issue disappeared. After upgrading a second time, I could replicate the problem again, and after downgrading again, it disappeared, so I feel confident in saying it's a firmware issue.

Thank you for making HF accessible to a beginner. I look forward to the new developments and learning the intricacies of this particular transceiver and its software.
rcross52@me.com

Post by rcross52@me.com »

In Firmware 2.00i, there were no problems in CW but in Beta 2.00t, I am unable to use CW in Iambic A or B. Straight key works fine. In Iambic B, when shorting common to ring, there is a very brief dit, and then the screen freezes. Going from common to tip, there is no response. Resetting in the menu to Straight key, the system returns to normal.
KB7ASH

Post by KB7ASH »

I take back my previous feedback; the same issue started appearing in the previous firmware. It only shows up when powered by USB or battery pack through the DC plug and not when connected to mains by the DC plug, so I suspect there's some weird grounding issue at play which has nothing to do with the new firmware. Iambic A appears to work for me without error as well.
Dirkus

Post by Dirkus »

One minor issue I've seen a couple times while using the 2.00t firmware is that pressing the Enter (middle) button sometimes "acts" like you've pressed the Menu (left) button instead. Seems like some kind of timing issue when you press the button at the precise millisecond that the processor is moving from polling one button to the next perhaps.

Another minor issue I've seen is that if your DC power plug is a little cheapish like mine, and you lose power for a split second while handling the radio, the currently selected frequency digit will increment when power is restored. For instance, if I'm scrolling through single kilohertz in the 10m band and stop at 28.400MHz and then move the radio resulting in a split second power blink, the radio comes back on at 28.401MHz.

Neither of these are huge issues, but I just wanted to make sure you knew about them.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
DE KO4PCX
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Tried version 2.00u. Still has problems with the display after exiting the menu. And VOX does not work.
Switched to stable version (2.00i) - operability restored
ok1if

Post by ok1if »

Thank you Manuel for a perfect job. I installed beta version 2.00 today and I'm happy. The spectroscope will allow me to optically monitor the presence of stations. This is excellent, for example, when working in the 60m band. Unfortunately, the system is based on the fact that I need to hold the MENU button to watch the band. I suggest turning this feature on permanently (without holding the button) and exiting it either by pressing the key or by pressing PTT. Furthermore, I wanted to ask whether the output for the PA stage would not be possible to modify in software so that I could choose at which level the output should be active (now it is active in log 0). This is because, for example, the PA stage from G0UPL is switched in log 1 (5V). In order to operate it, I have to invert the signal from the (tr)uSDX.
Milan OK1IF
Murphyv310

Post by Murphyv310 »

Hi
I installed the Beta software to all three of my radios.
I noted down all the previous settings for each of the radios.
Upon flashing them all bar one that has the software for Digi modes via USB all now have very bad distortion on SSB, all my reports are now bad with two today saying I'm unreadable, the closest contact was 3 miles the rest DX. I'll revert to the previous version, test and report back
Has anyone else had this issue?

PS even the software for audio over USB has this issue.
Regards, Trevor. MM0KJJ
Murphyv310

Post by Murphyv310 »

Hi
I've now reflashed two radios set them to the.settings I used previously and they both are back to normal.
I still have to do the one with the USB CAT audio, I believe it's a variation of the Beta version as it has the band scope.
No doubt this'll cure the problem. I use my Ft-dx10 mostly for Digi modes so no great loss.
Regards, Trevor. MM0KJJ
Murphyv310

Post by Murphyv310 »

Update.
Reflashed the last radio and it's also now performing as it originally did.
I would like to know if anyone else is getting bad reports or like me confirmed this using online SDRs?
Regards, Trevor. MM0KJJ
backpackdxr

Post by backpackdxr »

Forgive me if this has been addressed,

After clicking to download the new FW I am greeted with a congratulations new register and login. My only log in is for this forum which does not work.
I must ask for assistance.

Best

backpackdxr
backpackdxr

Post by backpackdxr »

backpackdxr wrote: 16 Jul 2023, 15:29 Forgive me if this has been addressed,

After clicking to download the new FW I am greeted with a congratulations new register and login. My only log in is for this forum which does not work.
I must ask for assistance.

Best

backpackdxr
DL6ZB

Post by DL6ZB »

DL2MAN wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 16:48 New Beta Firmware available here:
https://dl2man.de/wp-content/uploads/20 ... /beta.html
Please try out the new features and give us feedback.
Explaination Video here:
https://youtu.be/N-egrMMcIrA

73 Manuel; DL2MAN & Guido, PE1NNZ
Hi.

It's a nice tiny toy worth doing all the homework. Bought the rig in a mint used condition yesterday. After some resoldering and alignment it runs nice on high bands. Did the update today with LINUX 20.04 and avrdudess, everything's perfect. Running it with CAT control from CQRLOG (Kenwood TS-480 emulation). I'm stunned, it runs really nice.

However, one thing is a real drawback for me as a CW enthusiast. Would it be possible to make the CW sidetone level and frequency adjustable? I know it's a little hard because of that PWM Timer1 programming which generates the sidetone and the audio output together.
Anyway...maybe there's a way to solve the problem? Would be really great!

73, Rolf
DL6ZB