TruSDX with Signalink

WA2BBS

TruSDX with Signalink

Post by WA2BBS »

Has anyone tried to hook up the TruSDX with a Signalink USB for use with digital modes? If so how did you do it?
WA2BBS

Re: TruSDX with Signalink

Post by WA2BBS »

I have successfully built a cable that allows me to use my TruSDX with a SignaLink USB for digital mode communications. I tested it with FL Digi suite receiving great results and tested it with Winlink HF. More tweaking with settings is needed with Winlink but it wants to work. If anyone is interested I will be happy to provide information on how I did it. 73 Doug WA2BBS
Constrainted

Post by Constrainted »

Awesome!

krutzy

Post by krutzy »

Could you please send to me?

Kevin, W4RKU
WA2BBS

Post by WA2BBS »

Update, I have successfully configured and used my (tr)uSDX through my SignaLink with winlink in Vara HF mode. What a great, capable rig for emergency deployment etc. Details available for those interested.
DO1OKE

Post by DO1OKE »

I'm sure there is a lot of interest and we should also document the setup here. So please tell us :)
Constrainted

Post by Constrainted »

TruSDX also works with Digirig external soundcard for digital modes.

73 Constrainted
NR3S

Post by NR3S »

WA2BBS wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 13:09 Update, I have successfully configured and used my (tr)uSDX through my SignaLink with winlink in Vara HF mode. What a great, capable rig for emergency deployment etc. Details available for those interested.
Is it possible to connect to the Signalink USB using the modified 3.5mm stereo audio cables used for connection directly to a PC soundcard? I was thinking to connect the (tr)uSDX Audio ouptut to the Signalink SPKR jack and the (tr)uSDX MIC jack to the Signalink AUX or MON jacks? Has anyone tried this?
NR3S

Post by NR3S »

UPDATE: I was able to use two 3.5mm stereo cables (one modified as indicated in the digital modes video from DL2MAN) to connect to my Signalink USB. the unmodified cable from the "Audio" jack on the SDX to the "SPKR" jack on the Signalink. The other, modified cable from the "MIC/KEY" jack on the SDX to the "MON" jack on the Signalink. This worked very well with FT8/wsjtx. :D