Printing battery case

jomosoft

Printing battery case

Post by jomosoft »

Any recommendations how to print the battery case ? Is it possible to print it on its side, without support ? I’m afraid that using support will leave some residu that prevent easy sliding to the main case.
DL9GZ

Re: Printing battery case

Post by DL9GZ »

Hi,
perhaps the bad result of the printing of my battery housing depends on my printer, a cheap Bresser one. Manuels one is of way higher quality than mine, thus he gets perfect result immediately. I printed it by the default set of my slicer software which came with the printer. Result was that both parts did not fit together, especially meaning prong and mitre dovetail and I had to tool both ardously until it fitted halfway. Therefore, don't bother with any things like draft or similar slicing improvements, but print it as it comes and be aware having much work after printing. Hopefully, this may help you despite not being able to give you better sufficient answer.
73, 55
Günther, DL9GZ
jomosoft

Post by jomosoft »

I’m aware of the slicer settings/problems but I just wanted to know if it’s possible to print it without supports.
DL9GZ

Post by DL9GZ »

Sorry, having answered a bit complicated. Thus, short and clear: No supports needed, no raft, wall, brim or so.
jomosoft

Post by jomosoft »

Tnx Gunther !
kf7yrs

Post by kf7yrs »

I printed the "bracket battery holder" on its side with no support. I printed the dove-tail "radio back" flat with the dove-tail up. They printed fine but I needed to do some sanding to get the dove-tail to slide as easily as the version I bought on Amazon. I'm using a Prusa printer and PETG.
jomosoft

Post by jomosoft »

It's printing that way as we speak. So far so good...