10 M Either Awesome RX or TX But Not Both??

wa1uil

10 M Either Awesome RX or TX But Not Both??

Post by wa1uil »

I'm at wits end!... (this is a Sunny Hi Band Board) I can set the 2nd harmonic notch nicely and get a nice 4W out. Then receiver is stone deaf. If I set the notch toroid to 51Mhz the receive is excellent but power out is 1.85W. Closest happy medium is 2.4W and a VERY weak RX. I have removed each chip cap and measured them and they all were within 10pf of schematic. I also tried a multitude of combinations of turns on both L11+L12 with no acceptable results. All other bands behave as expected and power peaks at the RX peak and works nice. Toroids are yellow ones and even tried others incase they are mis painted. Can anyone shed some light on this??? Is there a inductance value for L11+12??? Are the chip cap values on the downloaded schematic the Gospel correct values?? Thanks for any help on this 73 Frank
Luca66

Re: 10 M Either Awesome RX or TX But Not Both??

Post by Luca66 »

Hi, I too have a Sunny hi-band card and I too found difficulties with coil calibration for 10 meters.
To tell the truth, I didn't put much effort into modifying the number of turns of the toroids and I kept the values ​​indicated in the diagram.
In particular in my case that card works with 20, 17 and 15m while on the remaining bands it is deaf. I think it's a known limitation.
73 Luca