Carrier Wave TX without PTT

Papa_Whisky

Carrier Wave TX without PTT

Post by Papa_Whisky »

I have noticed on my (tr)USDX with classic RF board a carrier wave at the frequency set that is noticable on the higher bands starting at 14.06MHz -53dBm and increases upto -43dBm at 28.06MHz. This is the same for all modes.

Using the same main board and a Lo RF Board, it is noticeable at 10MHz -60dBm and at 14MHz -56dBm.

I understand at these low levels of RF o/p there it is unlikely to be a nuisance to others, but is this an artifact of the design or a problem with my build?

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can answer this.

73 M0PWV
Dirkus

Re: Carrier Wave TX without PTT

Post by Dirkus »

I’m interested in this issue, as my recently purchased classic kit seems to have a similar but much more pronounced issue with this. It’s constantly radiating when sitting idle, and pressing the PTT on 10M SSB produces a terribly garbled and weak transmission.

I’m planning on upgrading to the new 1.2 main board, which one do you have?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
DE KO4PCX
Papa_Whisky

Post by Papa_Whisky »

I have the 1.0 board. My TX on 10m seems fine. I perhaps should of added to my previous post I am using a TinySA to make my measurements.
Dirkus

Post by Dirkus »

I’m even more interested in this thread than before, since my PA FET blew up while I was *listening* (not transmitting!) last night. A new v1.2 main board and FET are inbound right now, thanks to Sunny. I’ll let you know if this changes the situation.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
DE KO4PCX