Frequency memory?

KB8FJO

Frequency memory?

Post by KB8FJO »

Question for how this works. Every time I switch bands it always goes to the same frequency;
80m - 3.560
40m - 7.030
20m - 14.060
15m - 21.060
10m - 28.060

It doesn’t matter what mode I’m in Lsb/usb/cw.
Or Vfo A or B.

Is there something I’m missing in the settings?
N6WLM

Re: Frequency memory?

Post by N6WLM »

I think that is by design. Manuel is primarily a CW operator and those are more or less the QRP CW calling frequencies.
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

GM,

It is in deed the QRP CW Calling Frequencies.
Guido said, the code to store last used QRG exists in the source, but -as always- once activated it uses additional space, we don´t have. I hope, he´ll be able to activate it without needing to switch off something else.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
N6WLM

Post by N6WLM »

I was thinking about how callsigns are injected into the firmware. The website, or some script, must inject the callsign into the hex file when we download firmware from the website. With that in mind, I was able to find the hex values of the various default frequencies in the hex file and change them manually.

In the latest 2.00t beta firmware the default values are stored in little endian format (e.g. E089D6 == 14060000). I'm not sure if sharing my changes are allowed under the (tr)uSDX license.

Manuel, would it be possible to add injecting default freq on the firmware download page?
KB8FJO

Post by KB8FJO »

We’re you able to modify that code? If so how?
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

I´ve talked to Guido and he confirmed: It is in the code, but we don´t have the space to enable it right now.

I would absolutely not encourage anyone to edit the hex code to change default frequencies. Easier procedures around the (tr)uSDX have lead to release of magical smoke or permanently bricking it. So if you do that, you do it on your own risk, as this procedure would absolutely not be recommended by Guido or me.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN