sounds terrible

K3HIP

sounds terrible

Post by K3HIP »

I think mine is broken right out of the box. I can't hear anything clearly it's all really quiet and garbled then any volume over 12 makes noise even with headphones.
Even when I switch to my sdr with the same antenna, I can hear it clear as day on the sdr. but when i go back to the trusdx, i can hear faint garbled noise and i cant tune into it.
dl6sez

Re: sounds terrible

Post by dl6sez »

Power supply!
Use a battery: 3 x LiIon (18650 for example) or 4 x LiFePO4 Cells you can also use 8 x AA batteries or so.
Possibly a big radio station in the near or another bad radiating source, big old Plasma TV.....
A long wire antenna could also result in too high qrm, best is a resonant one here for a simple SDR like (tr)uSDX.
I don't think anything is broken.
Use a higher impedance headphones but until 12 volume should work, above howling sound is possible.
This is due to the simple design.
But i never ever used 12 volume with good headphones.

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
K3HIP

Post by K3HIP »

dl6sez wrote: 05 Oct 2023, 17:15 Power supply!
Use a battery: 3 x LiIon (18650 for example) or 4 x LiFePO4 Cells you can also use 8 x AA batteries or so.
Possibly a big radio station in the near or another bad radiating source, big old Plasma TV.....
A long wire antenna could also result in too high qrm, best is a resonant one here for a simple SDR like (tr)uSDX.
I don't think anything is broken.
Use a higher impedance headphones but until 12 volume should work, above howling sound is possible.
This is due to the simple design.
But i never ever used 12 volume with good headphones.

73 de Chris
i was using 12v batteries, nothing else, in the middle of a field. also tried it by powering via USB. same issues. headphones or external speaker make no difference. using a qrp guys antenna. again. on my SDR it sounds great, so its not the antenna, or power supply. its the unit.
dl6sez

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

return it to your seller.
The only thing you can do.
You know we have nothing to do with the sellers, only approved them with checking their quality
and if it was an approved seller he/she has to change it.
I personally wouldn't change anything in the circuit if i had bought a full made (tr)uSDX.

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
K3HIP

Post by K3HIP »

i think i will get a replacement. its probably just poor assembly.