73s
Terry
73s

VA3TBQ
dl6sez

Re: Don't know where to start?

Post by dl6sez »

Which Band version?
So before the same issues or only after update attempts? Your description is not really understandable.
For me it sounds like you killed partly the PA, maybe one of the BS170 while testing ...
This never happened to anybody else after an update.

Have you done a reset after every update, eeprom needs to be set back every time!

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
QuantumRadio

Post by QuantumRadio »

Terry,
Just wondering, what does your output power read on your (tr)uSDX screen display when you're plugged into a dummy load, set mode=CW, Key=Straight, and PTT is pressed?

terryb

Post by terryb »

QuantumRadio wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 20:28 Terry,
Just wondering, what does your output power read on your (tr)uSDX screen display when you're plugged into a dummy load, set mode=CW, Key=Straight, and PTT is pressed?

with a power supply set to 13.8 volts and up to 5 amps available
on a dummy load, set to CW, 40m, straight key, pressing PTT
0.0 now, swr 1.05

on LSB, pressing the PTT,
the meter in the top left corner shows 13.8V 0.4W 0

on USB,
pressing the PTT, the meter in the top left corner shows 13.8V 0.4W 0
Last edited by terryb on 13 Oct 2023, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
73s

VA3TBQ
terryb

Post by terryb »

dl6sez wrote: 12 Oct 2023, 19:00 Which Band version?
So before the same issues or only after update attempts? Your description is not really understandable.
For me it sounds like you killed partly the PA, maybe one of the BS170 while testing ...
This never happened to anybody else after an update.

Have you done a reset after every update, eeprom needs to be set back every time!

73 de Chris
the band version is low, and the setting on 8.7 LPF config is set to low.
the 8.6 R Shunt is set to 17, don't know if this is correct but don't know how to test it - I bought this from an vendor and as I mentioned it was putting out full power when I bought it.
Thank you for the tip about resetting the eeprom. I was not aware that this step was required - it is not mentioned on the https://dl2man.de/3b-trusdx-firmware/ web page.
73s

VA3TBQ
ok1if

Post by ok1if »

I have a similar problem. When reinstalling from beta version 2.00 to the normal version, the parameter 8.3 Ref freq was saved to the value 28000000. So TCVR is outside the correct frequency. With a small step it is impossible to return to the correct value, which in my case is 27000900. So I had to stay with the beta version. However, it has defects such as a shortened comma for CW, or it shows the speed incorrectly. E.g. when set to give 27WPM the actual value is 25WPM. Another annoying thing about this version is that when you change the volume, the tuning step changes. Is this a BUG or am I doing something wrong?

Milan OK1IF
pe1nnz

Post by pe1nnz »

@ok1if Hi Milan, thanks for reporting. Please try R2.00v (beta), this should fix the annoying bug that by changing the volume the tuning steps were changing too.

I think you are right that for higher WPM the indication becomes less accurate, for the moment no changes here. In case you would like to go back to 2.00i please make sure the full firmware is uploaded, you can reset to factory settings by holding the encoder button on startup, this should overwrite settings.

73, Guido