US New Hampshire group buy - KE1G -- RE-CLOSED

ke1g

US New Hampshire group buy - KE1G -- RE-CLOSED

Post by ke1g »

(The JLC-PCB orders for 80 board sets are in process. I have takers for 76. I will probably donate one to the ARRL Lab and one to K8MRD, if they want them. Otherwise I figure that there will be stragglers who might want a board or two, but htere are no guarantees, so if you are coming in late, they may be gone.)

NOTE: If you have NOT exchanged email (not messages here) with me then you are NOT on my list.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm managing a group buy for (tr)uSDX.

If you are near enough to New Hampshire, you will have the option of coming here to pay and pick up your unit(s). Otherwise I will ship by USPS, the specific rate is yet to be determined.

If your shipping address is in a location that has no sales or use tax, all well and good. Otherwise I will require you to (postal) mail me a signed piece of paper stating that you accept responsibility for paying any required tax directly to your state, however your state lets you do that. (In MA for example, I believe there is a line on the state income tax form for adding uncollected sales tax on things you may have bought out of state.) That is to say, I'm not going to collect your sales tax and forward it to your state, county, and/or town.

For those picking up locally, cash is a fine alternative. Money orders will work. So will personal checks, though there may be a delay waiting for it to clear if your bank doesn't have a branch here. You can also use PayPal friends a family (not goods and services) wherein PayPal will charge you with the PayPal fee there and then. (By the time you want to use it with PayPal, you will have received a reply from managing to get onto my list. Use that email's return address with PayPal. See the last paragraph or two, below.)

DO NOT make any payment until I figure out the final costs. There is no sense giving PayPal two fees, for example.

This isn't a business: just a ham with some time to donate. My time is free, and units will be at cost.

My current plans do not include getting cases 3D printed for you. I'll let you do that yourself.

If interested, send me an email. Please include:
  • Name
  • Callsign (or "NOCALL" if you're still working on it. Our club, GSARA, in Bedford, does VE sessions and has people who can explain stuff while you're studying.)
  • Whether you will be picking up and/or your shipping address
  • Quantity (1 for most folks, but I know that I'm building 2)
  • If the email address that you send this stuff from isn't where you want to see answers, also include your desired email address, and I will try to reach you there.
Also, please use the subject line:
truSDX NH USA group buy
(since I have a gmail filter that will tag that so I can see all my group buy stuff in isolation and not lose or bury a message.)

You can mail to my callsign at arrl.net (so web scrappers are less likely to spam me). But I will respond from an address that also includes my call (and the abbreviation of my state with period as a separator) and that's also my direct email, and you can always just reply to anything I send you. I will endeavour to always include the magic subject text, and the filter is clever enough so that you need not worry about things like an added "Re:".

Thanks, Bill - KE1G
Last edited by ke1g on 16 Jan 2022, 16:00, edited 5 times in total.
DL2MAN

Re: US New Hampshire group buy

Post by DL2MAN »

Thank you Bill !

73 Manuel DL2MAN
MedicFred

Post by MedicFred »

I would like in on group buy!

Fred Strickland
KF3EMS
medicfred@gmail.com
1 unit
ke1g

Post by ke1g »

DL2MAN wrote: 31 Dec 2021, 18:05 Thank you Bill !

73 Manuel DL2MAN
I'm happy to do so. (I won't know whether it will be my pleasure until the dust clears, but it feels good to server the Ham community, or at least my local part of it.)

It is you, Manuel, who deserve lots of thanks.

73, Bill - KE1G
Pezzep

Re: US New Hampshire group buy (edited)

Post by Pezzep »

I would like to buy two
I can’t seem to find your email to send you my information

Thanks!
Dennis
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

ke1g wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 00:02

I'm happy to do so. (I won't know whether it will be my pleasure until the dust clears, but it feels good to server the Ham community, or at least my local part of it.)

It is you, Manuel, who deserve lots of thanks.

73, Bill - KE1G
I appreciate each and every one of you, who decides to jump in and provides a local group buy out of pure ham spirit.
Without an internationally acting company in our back, the "ant principle" is the only way to make it available worldwide at this point.
I will support you group buy organizers with everything I can and try to provide best as possible instructions. In return, I hope, that you watch my back, and try to be there for your group buyers.
Since this will be a huge multiplier soon, I cannot do 1 on 1 troubleshooting or coaching for thousands of rigs out there soon ;)

Let me know if information is missing somewhere, or if I can help you elsewhere.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
N2JDT

Post by N2JDT »

Justin Thomas
N2JDT
I'm in Oregon if you're willing to ship over here.

Thanks!
N0UTJ

Post by N0UTJ »

Well, shoot.
I'm in Kansas USA and would like a couple, if possible.

thanks
N0UTJ
rfs

Post by rfs »

Hello...
I live in southern Oregon.
Please put me down for 2 units
Where do I send shipping and billing info??
thanx!
Richard Schultz wa8fsf
ke1g

Post by ke1g »

Pezzep wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 19:50 I would like to buy two
I can’t seem to find your email to send you my information

Thanks!
Dennis
Please see the beginning of the last paragraph of the main post, up to the open parenthesis, realize that "at" means didadadidadi and that my callsign is included at the bottom, as well as being how I log in here. I know that you can figure out an email to use for me from that.

I'm looking forward to your email (I don't see a way to email you in your reply).

73, Bill
ke1g

Post by ke1g »

N2JDT wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 21:58 Justin Thomas
N2JDT
I'm in Oregon if you're willing to ship over here.

Thanks!
Oregon will work.

But I need you to email me your details to add you to the list. Please see (the very beginning of) the last paragraph of the main post to figure out a working email address for me.

73, Bill
ke1g

Post by ke1g »

N0UTJ wrote: 02 Jan 2022, 22:38 Well, shoot.
I'm in Kansas USA and would like a couple, if possible.

thanks
N0UTJ
I believe that we can make Kansas work. You may have to send me an affidavit promising that you'll take care of any Kansas tax. I'm exploring whether that's going to cover my backside.

But you do need to send me an email with the information listed in the main post. I just know that if you're smart enough to get a license, then you're more than smart enough to take the hint from the beginning of the last paragraph in the main post just how to email me via the ARRL reflector.

73, Bill
andee32

Re: US New Hampshire group buy - KE1G

Post by andee32 »

Please add me to your list for 1 unit.
ke1g

Re: US New Hampshire group buy - KE1G -- NOW CLOSED

Post by ke1g »

andee32: Since you posted before I closed the group buy, I will squeeze you in. But you must follow the instructions in my original post, and email me giving the requested information, using the specified subject line. The last paragraph there should let you figure out an email address to use to reach me.

73, Bill
Faraaz VK4JJ

Re: US New Hampshire group buy - KE1G -- NOW CLOSED

Post by Faraaz VK4JJ »

ke1g wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 05:18 andee32: Since you posted before I closed the group buy, I will squeeze you in. But you must follow the instructions in my original post, and email me giving the requested information, using the specified subject line. The last paragraph there should let you figure out an email address to use to reach me.

73, Bill
Bill,

Would you like this thread locked?
ke1g

Re: US New Hampshire group buy - KE1G -- RE-CLOSED

Post by ke1g »

Yes, it's time to lock the thread.

Thanks.

73, Bill