CAT/AUDIO USB Issue

Post by ai5ii »

Mode FT8, firmware R2.00x

1). CAT Works
2). Audio Works

Tried combined CAT/AUDIO via USB

1). Audio works
2). CAT throws hamlib error..

Same USB cable used. No transmission involved. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Leo AI5II
QuantumRadio

Re: CAT/AUDIO USB Issue

Post by QuantumRadio »

Hey Leo,
Sounds like your (tr)uSDX is not connecting/talking to WSJT-X even though you've got your USB cable between the transceiver & the PC. Could be a number of things causing this. I'd try making sure you've got the trusdx driver script running in your PC. Next, also in your PC, make sure your WSJT-X>Settings>Radio & Audio settings are good. You can refer to other threads in this forum for screenshots of the proper settings.

I'd say start with that and see if the issue persists.

Hope that helps.

ai5ii

Post by ai5ii »

The setup works(both CAT and audio) CAT works via the USB connection. Audio IN/OUT via mike and speaker jacks. The only change is I removed the audio cables and installed the virtual comm drivers to get the audio in and out of the USB port.
WSJT-X sees the audio and radio but now gives a hamlib error for CAT. If I shut down the driver and plug the audio back reconfigure the audio in WSJT-X, the CAT starts working again. The comm port, baud rate, and parity are identical in both setups for the radio. But in the audio via USB, I get the hamlib error.
ai5ii

Post by ai5ii »

FT8CN works just fine, so this is a Windows 10 32bit driver issue.

Leo, AI5II
ny5v

Post by ny5v »

I have this same issue in Linux. CAT control works great, then running the python driver script, it kills CAT in WSJT-X but then I get audio in, like it's fighting over the serial port. Anyone have any experience or input with this? Maybe if I run it on a PI it'll work differently, but I haven't tried that yet. Running Debian 12 on the test computer.
Constrainted

Post by Constrainted »

Consider that the digimode software must set the truSDX to know to set CAT control on and CAT audio streaming on using one of the extensions to TS-480 CAT commands: (UA1; or UA2; ).

From https://dl2man.de/5-trusdx-details/

Supported CAT Extensions
The following (non TS-480) CAT extensions are supported by the (tr0uSDX:

UA0; UA1; UA2; US;

The usage is:
UA0; Set CAT streaming OFF: CAT control ONLY is possible
UA1; Set CAT streaming ON with speaker ON : CAT control and RX+TX Audio Stream over same Serial interface
UA2; Set CAT streaming ON with speaker OFF: CAT control and RX+TX Audio Stream over same Serial interface
USnnnnn…; Indication that CAT audio stream is following with U8 (unsigned bytes), until the point of a ‚;‘ character.

73 Constrainted