I have broken my trusdx

Desastroso

I have broken my trusdx

Post by Desastroso »

I was testing my new (tr)usdx, I connected it to my 30 Amp power supply, I was testing the transmission power, but in my tuner I forgot to put the dummy load position, some smoke, and a burning smell, not even anymore It turns on, it seems that there is at least one broken transistor, will it be difficult to fix? I don't have much knowledge of electronics.
Thanks and regards.
Desastroso

Re: I have broken my trusdx

Post by Desastroso »

Hello again !
I have tried connecting my (tr)usdx via USB and it works (reception only).
Connecting only the main board it works well with USB or DC connectors.
Do I have to change the 3xBS170? I have read the forum a little and it seems that there are manufacturers that have different pinouts.
I want to buy 3 bs170 in a store in my city, they will call me when they have them, but I don't know if they will be the new onsemi from the (tr)usdx.
Would it work well with non-onsemi transistors?
Thanks and regards.
coolepascal

Post by coolepascal »

Be carefull where to buy BS170 !
I bought a whole bunch off them from a 'reliable' Chinese restaurant and was wondering why
suddenly all my experiments failed.
Turned out these BS170 where not even MOSFETS but cheap relabeled UJT.
So a bought a couple from QRP Labs, problems gone.
Desastroso

Post by Desastroso »

Yesterday I picked up the new BS170, they seem the same as the originals, the only difference in the originals is that it says BS170 and below it JCAUD, in the new ones it says BS170 and below it JCAUZ.
I tested them on a MEGA 328 component tester, it does not detect them as NJfet, although it does say n-fet. (maybe the meter is not very reliable)
I have placed them in place, reversing the G and S pins.
I haven't matched them.
Now I can also connect it from the DC connector, but there is no TX power.
I don't know how to continue, is it possible something else broken too? Good BS170 but with different characteristics?
Thanks and regards
Desastroso

Post by Desastroso »

Hello, today I removed the BS170 from the board and soldered again without exchanging pins.
The radio has TX power now.
The 3 BS170 not paired, I hope it works for a while, I will buy more to pair them.
TNX & 73's.