tr USDX Type Approval (Zambia)

Madaliso1993

tr USDX Type Approval (Zambia)

Post by Madaliso1993 »

Good morning,

My name is Madaliso and I am an HF amateur radio operator from Zambia. Now for one to be a licensed HF operator here in Zambia his or her equipment (transceiver) has to under go type approval and this involves submitting an EMC Report( Electromagnetic Compatibility ), Safety and Health Report, Declaration of Conformity and Radio Specifications Report. If anyone can please assist me with these details or documents for the radio I would greatly appreciate and this would help me get my tr USDX licensed and approved here in Zambia.

Kind regards,
Madaliso
DL2MAN

Re: tr USDX Type Approval (Zambia)

Post by DL2MAN »

Hi Madaliso,

We -as developers- do not provide such kind of documantation.
(tr)uSDX was designed as "DIY Project" and if you need to jump through some hoops to make it work in your country, that´s unfortunately on you, as it´s out of our control.

Maybe you can contact @JJ1ILX
If I remember correctly, he needed to do the same for Japan.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
Madaliso1993

Post by Madaliso1993 »

Hi DL2MAN,

Thank you for the feedback, I greatly appreciated. But just as a suggestion I think it would be great for you and the team that developed the tr USDX to provide at least a health and safety report or document that suggests that the transceiver would of no harm or danger to the HAM operator or any persons around the during the operations of the transceiver. This document could be placed somewhere on the dl2man.de site for easy access by anyone that in need of it, thanks.
g0myw

Post by g0myw »

that's a very difficult ask from the deveopers.
Also as many of these units are 'home made' - so how can the precision of construction be monitored.
I suggest that you either : -
a) just turn a blind eye to the authorities - [who will probably never know.]
b) choose a radio that has your full requirements.