CAT Control on Linux Mint 21.3 and Evolve Maistro III eBook

burlingame

CAT Control on Linux Mint 21.3 and Evolve Maistro III eBook

Post by burlingame »

Some background first:

Tr(u)SDX F/W version 2.00i and Digirig digital mode interface with proper cables runs smoothly on FLrig, FLdigi, JS8Call configured with HamLib 4.5.5 running under Raspberry Pi OS Buster version 10 on a Raspberry Pi 400 and selecting Rig: "truSDX". I issue the command "stty -F /dev/ttyUSB1 raw -echo -echoe -echoctl -hupcl -echoke 38400" by figuring out with this command "ls /dev/tty*" what the correct USB port number is. So all is good. It's an amazing QRP rig running all my digital modes, bravo!

However when swapping in a new truSDX to the above mix, upgraded to F/W 2.00u, FLrig won't recognize the truSDx no matter what I try. So NO JOY. At the moment its not worth my time getting to the bottom of this mess to make it work...but...I want it to work on Linux Mint 21.3

Neither F/W 2.00i or 2.00u units are recognized by FLrig. Linux Mint 21.3 is running on an Evolve Maistro III eBook. My Yaesu FT-891 works fine with the Evolve but its using a SignaLink instead of the Digirig. I'm trying to lighten up and streamline my portable station switching to a truSDX

Has anyone out there succeeded with getting FLrig to recognize the truSDX on Linux Mint 21.3?

BTW the Evolve eBook audio drivers are a problem in Linux so an external sound card interface is required. I have been following some of the new firmware development that eliminates a sound card device and runs CAT/PTT/Audio through the USB. I'm thinking this will be a problem with the Evolve and my solution will still have to include an external sound card device. If my thinking here is in error please let me know