Group Purchase

Andrew

Group Purchase

Post by Andrew »

Hi, I'm in Sydney, Australia and would like to group purchase 10 complete trusdx units [colour: Green] complete with battery compartment and small back-pack type aerial, set up ready to use for our bushwalking group.
Are you able to assist please?

Kind regards,

Andrew Taylor
VK2AVT
dl6sez

Re: Group Purchase

Post by dl6sez »

Hello OM,

you can't buy anything here!
Please read the instructions for group buys on DL2MAN.de in (tr)uSDX part.
Group buy must be done by yourself with data provided for pcbs and components...

73 de Chris
Chris DL6SEZ, JN48XL near Ulm, Southern Germany
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thanks Chris, I was hoping that someone could assist me via this forum and I'm very new to ham radio, and at my retired stage in life I'm not tech-savvy like most of the people on this platform, so my sincere apologies for not understanding the protocols here.

In my opinion there is a huge market for the (tr)uSDX unit if it were to be readily available as a complete unit, ready to use. For example; just as if you were to buy, say, a Baofeng transceiver radio.

At the moment, the (tr)uSDX product appears to be a bit of an enigmatic unit to people like myself who is not tech-savvy, and I recently bought one and am still trying to work out how to get it working.
Meanwhile, if anyone reading this can steer me in the right direction of someone that can put together 10 complete units, ready to use, then I would be most appreciative :)
Best regards, Andrew@VK2AVT
SP9TKW

Post by SP9TKW »

Andrew,

Visit following link on Manuel site. Here are the links where you can buy ready build units. I know that UpTech store on Aliexpress is selling them. They are approved and trusted vendor.

https://dl2man.de/where-to-buy-trusdx/

GL 73 Marek
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thank you for your reply :)
QuantumRadio

Post by QuantumRadio »

Hey Andrew,
Good morning. FYI I bought my built (tr)uSDX at Amazon, which is an official supplier per dl2man.de webpage ( https://dl2man.de/where-to-buy-trusdx/ ).

Best of luck w/your group purchase and welcome to a fascinating part of the hobby!

Stephen (W2WF)
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi Stephen,

Thank you very much for your message.

I have now have obtained one (tr)uSDX and have the firmware installed, but I'm having difficulty in getting the settings set correctly, but I'm sure I'll work it all out somehow :)

From the Youtube video's I've watched, it appears to be one of the best transceivers I've ever seen and I can't understand why nobody sells it as a complete unit already set up and ready to go including batteries and basic aerial, just like in this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjwDgmWIO4Q

Anyway, I thank you again for your message, it is greatly appreciated and when I get my (tr)uSDX finally up and running I'll see if I can transmit and make contact with you :)

Thanks again Stephen.

Best regards,

Andrew@VK2AVT
PS: Merry Christmas!!
vk2tty

Post by vk2tty »

Andrew wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 23:30including batteries
Yeah nah VK2AVT batteries are such a pain to ship.

You're otherwise right that a short click-here-and-buy list would save people a lot of time and grief. No worries, you could tell 'em, go here and pick one of everything you need. It's all compatible with the radio, there's nothing so cheap it doesn't work, and it's all from trustworthy vendors.

Thing is, the vendors have an incentive to tell fibs, so the list has to come from you. If you need a crib sheet, copy from VK3FUR's homework at PRG VK Kits.

Good luck!
73, VK2TTY

PS: here have a link on me get your 18650s from Hammerbarn