µSDX mainboard 2.5 - where do I get information?

dl8dtl

µSDX mainboard 2.5 - where do I get information?

Post by dl8dtl »

Someone donated me a stack of µSDX boards, as a "thanks!" for some help I gave him some time ago.
Now, when I look at the website, I see the current version of the µSDX mainboard is 2.7, mine is 2.5, and they appear to differ quite a bit.
Where do I get documentation (schematics, layout, BOM) for the older version?
DL2ARL

Re: µSDX mainboard 2.5 - where do I get information?

Post by DL2ARL »

Hello
I have exactly the same problem like our Friend dl8dtl above, except that I did not get the uSDX Boards as a "thanks" :lol: but hat to buy them.

For me like for dl8dtl, the problem starts with the mainboard, our being Rev. 2.5 and all information I can find in the net concerns either older revisions (like 2.2) or newer (2.6).

The same applies for the other boards I am lucky to have:

RF-Board Rev 3.1 (8 Bands) and I can only find the BOM and schematics for the 5 Band version

OLED Rev 2.1
for this last board, I can only find the description for Rev 2.2 which has some minor differences (the diodes are SMD instead of trough the hole and some other details...)

but all in all, it would be very nice to have the description best fitted to the board revisions I have.

I understand that this is an open project that is in perpetual movement and also I understand very well that this is a free undertaking with no responsabilities whatever. Nevertheless I would be very glad to receive the information I need and count not so much on the key players on top of this forum, but on the public behind.

Thank you very much es 73 de Razvan, DL2ARL at qsl dot net

PS: I had a faint hope finding
http : // rf73 dot eu/uSDX/
but the information there is rather older than the board Revisions I am happy to have.
tu ya no me buscas io ya no te quierro
wa2t

Post by wa2t »

At the risk of talking out of school, I think the place to go for this question is the uSDX forum.

Robert, WA2T
DL2MAN

Post by DL2MAN »

Don´t worry about "older Versions". From 2.0 upwards there was no change in Schematic. Changes were just made for easier factory assembly = replacing more and more THT for SMT Parts.

Besides that, no advantages or disadvantages.

However, I would advise you to Bridge D1 and D2 on IO Board, and place a modified OLED Board (Charge Pump disabled) - like in (tr)uSDX Assembly Video.

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
dl8dtl

Post by dl8dtl »

DL2ARL wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 22:32 RF-Board Rev 3.1 (8 Bands) and I can only find the BOM and schematics for the 5 Band version
https://dl2man.de/8-band-rf-board/