CAT Control Troubleshooting

KI5UXW

CAT Control Troubleshooting

Post by KI5UXW »

Hello all,
I recently came into possession of a pair of uSDXes and am working on getting them working on WSJT-X via CAT control.

Image found here: https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/grou ... %2By3g8%3D

I've tried this config (both with and without Force Control Lines) and I can set the frequency easily and I can get it to go into TX mode but it won't get out of it. I have to manually hit the PTT button to break it out of TX mode. I'm using the (tr)USDx driver to get audio both in and out of the radio. The only connection between my radio is a micro USB cable. So, what do I need to change/edit to get this working the way intended?
NavyMike

Re: CAT Control Troubleshooting

Post by NavyMike »

I have the same/similar problem.

I have the truSDX connected to WSJT-X (version 2.6.1) running on a mac. I am running FT8 using CAT control and the appropriate audio cables. It transmits fine and then appears to switch back into receive mode, but will not decode incoming data. If I press the PTT button as soon as it is done transmitting the truSDX receive data and everything appears to work correctly.

Not sure if this is a truSDX problem or a problem with WSJT-X, but I wish I could figure out a solution.
NavyMike

Post by NavyMike »

Follow up on my post....

I ended up performing a factory reset on my truSDX radio and that fixed my problem. I no longer need to press PTT at the end of every transmission to get the radio to receive properly. Success!!
Constrainted

Post by Constrainted »

Congratulations, this is good news. What Firmware version are you using?

73 Constrainted