Help with issues loading CH341SER

wa4mnt

Help with issues loading CH341SER

Post by wa4mnt »

I am having issues getting the port driver to show up in Device Manager. I have tried windows 11 and 10. After running the driver install program, it creates the WCH.CN folder containing all the files, and after running the setup.exe, I get a message "The driver is successfully Pre-installed in advance!", but nothing changes in the device manager showing the port when the truSDX is plugged in, as shown in countless YouTube videos. Therefore upgrading the firmware on the (tr)uSDX has been unsuccessful. Am I overlooking something basic?
Nehem11e

Re: Help with issues loading CH341SER

Post by Nehem11e »

My first thought is cable, not all cables are created equal especially usb to microusb. Do you have other cables you could try?
Nehem11e

Re: Help with issues loading CH341SER

Post by Nehem11e »

If you have ruled out cables then something that seemed to help me to get the computer to recognize the trusdx when plugged in was installing some other software.

The software is needed to put the BOOT LOADER on the trusdx,
I am not suggesting that you put the boot loader back on as I am sure you already have that on there if you got it from an approved seller.
I am just suggesting downloading the software because I think it also downloads drivers that might be needed just to recognize the hardware that is in the trusdx.

So if you have a high quality cable and it doesnt work try this.
Go to the bootloader loading website:
https://dl2man.de/3a-trusdx-bootloader/

And get the software from the links in these steps:

"For this procedure, you need to download and install Arduino Studio Software,"

"Then get the Software AVRDudess."

Hopefully its a cable