Classic Build - Coloured Toroids

VA3MZD

Classic Build - Coloured Toroids

Post by VA3MZD »

Good day all!
I'm a complete Novice when it comes to kit building and have an Elmer guiding me during the build via email. I ordered my kit from a trusdx approved Ali Express seller and am completed the first Board. The kit came with 3 different coloured toroids, red, yellow and uncoloured. Im following the bom file which shows the toroid locations and number of wraps but I've learned that the colours have different magnetic properties but as I'm not familiar with the technical aspects of toroids, am not sure which colours match each one in the list.
Anyone done a Classic build with an Ali Express approved kit and know which colours are to be used in each numbered location? Thx
Rod VA3MZD
VA3MZD

Re: Classic Build - Coloured Toroids

Post by VA3MZD »

I think I have answered my own question when I looked more carefully at the Classic Schematic posted on the website! Indeed, the colours are labelled! I was using my Elmer's build, a LO band version, as a guide and did not check the schematic.
OK- time to print the schematic and match and redo those which are incorrect! I am indeed a novice but learning by my mistakes.
VE3RRD

Re: Classic Build - Coloured Toroids

Post by VE3RRD »

The red ones are marked as T37-2 on the schematic. The yellow are T37-6 on the schematic.
The dark-grey (no color) ones are FT37-43