Completed Classic Build - No power

VA3MZD

Completed Classic Build - No power

Post by VA3MZD »

I've completed my Classic tr uSDX build and learned a LOT along the way being a Novice kit builder. I plugged it into the PC via USB cable and there is no power. Neither did I get power when plugged into a 12v LiFePo battery. I also tried all the USB cables I have, as others have suggested. Nothing turns up in Device Manager.
I'm assuming some issue in my Novice build quality. Any suggestions for where to start troubleshooting? Are there some common mistakes that might be a good starting point to determine the issues?
Thanks to all who have built one and can set me in the right direction to determine my problems.

Rod
VA3MZD
SP9TKW

Re: Completed Classic Build - No power

Post by SP9TKW »

When operating on USB port, max power is 0.5W so make sure that you have sensitive meter for that.

How do you check your power output? It should be in CW mode and straight key into the dummy load or well matched antenna (SWR <1.5:1). Do you have external meter or you use internal display?

Do you hear stations on all bands? If not that check soldering on all coils, its a common error.

If you get RX than configure so you can see SWR reading too. If you have 9.99 its a soldering issue, usualy SWR bridge (two coils next to SMA socket).

GL 73 Marek
LILO

Re: Completed Classic Build - No power

Post by LILO »

He mentioned no power i.e. device doesn't power on from usb. And there is nothing appears in device manager.