Can I buy an assembled (tr)uSDX with high bands?

howdoescastlingwork

Can I buy an assembled (tr)uSDX with high bands?

Post by howdoescastlingwork »

I'm a newly licensed ham in australia. I'm still learning CW and have been eyeing the truSDX for a long time. I've never heard anyone say they regret getting one. Hoping to buy as soon as I receive my callsign in the next few days.

But the pre-assembled "lo band" standard option is not optimal for me because it includes some bands I can't or won't use. 60m is not an allowed band in Australia, and I understand 80m is a difficult band at the best of times and I don't have plans (or room) to try building an antenna for it anytime soon, so "hi bands" or even "classic bands" would be more optimal options (for me), but the boards still only seem to be available in kit form? I think I checked every approved seller. I'm not confident with soldering and don't have the equipment to test the results, and really just want a no-fuss first rig.

Any chance I missed something? Is there a low band (or classic band) pre-assembled (tr)uSDX available or do any sellers have plans to produce them?

(Also is there any chance the design will update micro-usb to usb-c?)

Love the project and thanks very much 73
DL2MAN

Re: Can I buy an assembled (tr)uSDX with high bands?

Post by DL2MAN »

Hi,

there was an attempt to provide Classic/ High Bands readily built, but it did not make it through our approval process. (Did not reach design specs)
Tuning is more critical on the higher Bands, so it´s more labor intesive.
I´m not sure if Sunny is making another attempt, but I did not hear anything back since around christmas 2023.
There are no (tr)uSDX hardware Updates planned at this stage. Next project would have USB-C, but at this time it´s not clear IF we´re doing something new again. Neither Guido nor me are willing to live with the "consequences" of another release.
It turned out, that you cannot publish something and walk away. It resonantes with and within the community and gets quite time consuming from time to time...
For the next big thing, others are welcome to do it ;)

73 Manuel; DL2MAN
howdoescastlingwork

Re: Can I buy an assembled (tr)uSDX with high bands?

Post by howdoescastlingwork »

Thanks for the candid reply, and all your work on the project! Just got issued my license today. Guess I'll see how I go with the lo bands first, and I'll see if I can work out how to assemble the high band kit eventually. 73 and thanks again!